Go back

Program Name/Title Change

All requests to change the name of an existing academic program (major degree, minor concentration or certificate) and/or academic unit (department, college, school, center, etc.) require completion of the Academic Units Form (Curriculog Form 3). If multiple changes are requested, please complete a separate form for each.

Process and Estimated Timeline



Estimated Timeline

Obtain Initial Support from Department and College
Ensure Department and College leadership approve the proposed name change.  

~ Month 1


Complete & Submit
Complete and submit the Academic Units Form (Curriculog Form 3) in Curriculog to start the approval process.

~ Month 1

APSU Approval Process
Submit the Academic Units Form (Curriculog Form 3) for review by the following APSU approving bodies in sequential order.

  1. Department Curriculum Committee
  2. College Curriculum Committee
  3. Graduate & Research Council, if applicable
  4. Council for Teacher Education, if applicable
  5. University Curriculum Committee
~ Months 1-2

Submit to THEC

  1. Academic Affairs will submit the documents to THEC on behalf of the President.
  2. Academic Affairs will serve as the liaison between the THEC and the Department.
~ Months 2-3

THEC Decision

The Office of Academic Affairs will notify the Department about THEC's decision. If approved, Academic Affiars will notify the appropriate APSU offices (i.e., The Registrar, Admissions, Financial Aid, etc.).

~ Months 2-3