TENNESSEE STRONG at APSU
Austin Peay State University prides itself on supporting uniformed military personnel. As a member of the TN Army National Guard, you may be eligible for state tuition assistance through the TN STRONG Act. APSU is an approved school for associate and bachelor’s degrees designed for the military lifestyle with classes located in Clarksville, Fort Campbell, or online.
What is Tennessee STRONG?
TN STRONG is a tuition reimbursement program that funds up to 120 credit hours for an associate’s degree or first bachelor’s degree.
Who can apply?
Tennessee Army National Guard may apply upon enlistment, and be in good standing.
How to apply?
Students must apply for Tennessee STRONG funding through the state website, maintain satisfactory academic progress and a GPA of 2.0 for courses which STRONG funding is requested and apply for reimbursement within 90 days of course completion.
When to apply?
Students may apply upon enlistment and or when all Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) is exhausted within the DOD fiscal year. Students are solely responsible for submitting all required documents on time to the state tuition assistance manager.
Where to get more information:
Federal Tuition Assistance: http://www.goarmyed.com
State Tuition Assistance: www.tn.gov/military/section/education-incentives
State Tuition Assistance Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education email: email@example.com
- Apply to APSU at apsu.edu/admissions
- Eligible for FTA? Apply and enroll at APSU through goarmyed.com
- Fill out TN STRONG application at www.tn.gov/military/section/education-incentives
- The following forms must be filled out, signed by appropriate agency, and submitted
to the State Tuition Assistance Manager:
- TN National Guard Application for the STRONG Act Tuition Reimbursement Program with your Commander’s signature
- Statement of Understanding
- Enrollment Certification Form with APSU Registrar signatures
- Authorization for Release Form
- Degree plan after 9-credit hours
- Transcripts (if applicable)