Food for Fines 2018
From Dec. 3–10, 2018, the University will accept 10 non-perishable food items as payment for one parking ticket issued prior to Dec. 1, 2018, with a maximum of two tickets waived per person. The items will be donated to the campus’ Save Our Students Food Pantry, which provides emergency nutritional assistance to APSU students in need.
The following items will be accepted in lieu of payment for parking fines:
- Peanut Butter
- Fruit – 12-14 ounces or more
- Vegetables - 12-14 ounces or more
- Tuna or Chicken (cans or packets) - 5 ounces or more
- Soup – 10 ounces or more
Dry Goods – Each pound will be counted as a separate item (ex: 2 pound bag = 2 items):
- Beans (any type)
- Cereal – 12 ounces or more
- Instant Mashed Potatoes - 8 ounces or more
Meat – Frozen or Capable of Being Frozen:
- 2 pounds of meat will be accepted as payment for one parking citation (If you donate meat in lieu of a parking fine, it must be donated directly to the food pantry)
The University will not waive any tickets for parking in ADA Accessible spaces, and APSU cannot give credit for parking tickets that have already been paid.
Donations will be accepted at the Shasteen Building beginning at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, December 3. The program will end at 4:30 pm on Monday, December 10. Please bring your parking citation(s) with you, if you have them available. If you donate meat in lieu of a parking fine, it must be donated directly to the food pantry. Staff at the food pantry will need your A number and the citation number(s) and will send an email to the parking office confirming your donation. Donations of frozen or fresh meat cannot be accepted at the Shasteen Building.
For more information, contact the APSU Parking Office at 931-221-7405.