2018 Summer Research Award
The Student Summer Research Award is sponsored by the Austin Peay State University Department of Art + Design and the Center of Excellence for the Creative Arts. Established to create an opportunity for Art and Design students to produce a body of creative research during the summer when they might not be registered for classes, the award provides 2 students with $2500 in exchange for producing work to be exhibited in September 2018 in The Beach Student Gallery of the Art + Design building.
Deadline: 11:59 p.m., April 8, 2018
This is a competitive award for which there is an application process. A student is eligible to apply if:
- s/he is an Art + Design major
- s/he will graduate no earlier than December 2018
Please submit the following materials on Submittable (link):
- 5 images of recent works that evoke your personal aesthetic/direction as an artist/designer (title, dimensions, date, media). Video and Motion based works can be included in the submission. Please limit the clip to 5mins for your submission. Submissions can be in .jpg, pdf, or mp3 formats.
- A timeline for completion of the project
- An estimated budget for the project
- A clear and concise one-page description of the proposed project that includes both a conceptual and formal description
Winners will be announced at this year’s 50th Student Show Reception on Wednesday April 25, 2018.
- Thursday March 15th - Portal for submissions open
- Sunday April 9th - Online submissions due by 11:59pm
- Wednesday April 25th - Winners announced at Student Show Reception in The New Gallery 5-7pm