What is an internship?
Internships provide experiential learning opportunities to students while giving them the chance to incorporate the theoretical knowledge learned in the classroom in a professional environment. An intern can gain valuable, practical experience and network with individuals in their career field.
What are the requirements for the program?
- Interns must be a junior or senior business major with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Internships must be relevant to the student's coursework.
- The internship must be paid and the Internship Coordinator must be provided with a job description.
- Students approved for the internship program must register for the appropriate course (which is pass/fail).
- Students must coordinate their internship with the Internship Coordinator and their Academic Advisor to ensure they get academic credit for the experience.
What forms should I fill out?
- Every intern should have an approved internship agreement on file with the College.
- Interns will be provided with a course syllabus.
- At the conclusion of your internship, your supervisor will be asked to assess your performance using the Performance Appraisal document.
Resources and Forms