Ed.S. Administrator Non-licensure
AUSTIN PEAY STATE UNIVERSITY
ADMINSTRATION AND SUPERVISION WITHOUT LICENSURE
Advisor: Dr. Gary Stewart - 931-221- 6782
The Educational Specialist program is designed to permit students to achieve a degree level higher than the master’s. The program may be a terminal program or transferred to a doctorate program.
- Evidence of an earned Master’s degree in Leadership
- A GPA of 3.25 at the Master’s level
- Official scores on the General test of the Graduate Record Examination with minimum 145 verbal and 140 quantitative scores.
- Three letters of recommendations from principals or from public school professions who are knowledgeable about candidates’ ability.
- Submit a valid teaching certificate in Administration.
- Have a record of successful teaching experience
Degree: Ed.S. – Educational Specialist
Concentration: Administration and Supervision
Courses with Prerequisites:
Educ 6050 is a prerequisite for Educ 6990
Educ 6990 must be taken the last term of enrollment
Students must complete three milestones while completing this program. Milestone I will be completed while in the first term of enrollment. Milestone II must be completed before enrolling in Educ 6990. Milestone III occurs at graduation.
Educ 6990 – Field Study is the capstone course for this program and must be taken the last term of enrollment. It is offered fall and spring semesters as it requires interaction in the local schools. Milestone II is prerequisite.
Research Plan IV:
- Research Foundations/Methods course
- Field-Study, with 3-person committee. Field-Study must be submitted to the College of Graduate Study
- Oral defense of Field-Study