University Library Advisory Committee
The University Library Advisory Committee serves as a faculty, student, and staff advisory body to the Director of Library Services. The committee's primary role in representing campus, faculty, students and staff include:
1. Advising on general policies regarding collections, services, instructional programs, and infrastructure, as well as on major new initiatives and assessment processes.
2. Advising on budget allocations necessary to provide the type and quality of library resources and services needed by the university community.
3. Advocating on behalf of the library regarding funding needs relevant to the library's services, resources, and infrastructure.
4. Participating in strategic visioning and goal setting.
5. Considering broad national issues pertinent to scholarly communication, open access, and the role of the university library in teaching and research, and communicating its perspectives, as appropriate, within the committee and externally to the university community.
6. Facilitating communication with and obtaining feedback from the university community with regard to library collections, programs, services, infrastructure, and communication mechanisms.
The chair of the University Library Advisory Committee also serves as an ex officio member of the Woodward Library Society (friends of the library) Board of Directors.
|If you have questions, concerns, or would like more information about the University
Library Advisory Committee, please contact: