Parent Acknowledgement Form
Parents, please complete this form if your student is submitting his or her initial application to the Dual Enrollment program at Austin Peay State University.
FINANCIAL CONCERNS AND OBLIGATIONS FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT STUDENTS
- Students must submit complete applications for the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant (DEG) by posted deadlines. Click here for all DEG Regulations
- Important items to note from the DEG regulations linked above:
- A student can only receive DEG funding for up to two courses per semester and up to four courses per academic year (defined as Fall, Spring, Summer).
- DEG funding for courses 5-8 will come from a student’s HOPE scholarship funding.
- Students must maintain a college GPA of at least 2.75 to continue receiving DEG funding after their first semester.
- For a student to receive grant funding for two courses in the same semester, he /she must meet HOPE eligibility requirements (minimum ACT composite score of 21 OR minimum high school GPA of 3.0; home school students must have the ACT score of 21).
- Students must be a resident of the state of TN (or Ft. Campbell, KY) for at least one year at the time of enrollment in order to be eligible for the DEG.
- Students taking two courses in the same semester with two different institutions will provide any required documentation in order to participate in the consortium agreement between those institutions, which includes having college transcripts sent at the beginning of each semester. Awards may be impacted or delayed without this exchange of information.
- If your student qualifies for a fee discount based on your employment (state of TN employee, certified public school teacher, state university or TBR employee), please submit the appropriate form each semester at the time of registration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that you are responsible for the payment of any tuition or fees not covered by the dual enrollment grant.
- For a parent to discuss a student’s account information, a FERPA form must be submitted.