Dual Enrollment Grants & Scholarships
Policies & Eligibility
In addition to the reduced dual enrollment tuition rate and Austin Peay's "Four for Free" program (effective fall 2017), students have additional financial aid options to assist with the costs of their college classes. Students must reapply each semester for all programs. Application deadlines are shown below and are earlier than TSAC deadlines to ensure your grant funding is in place prior to the start of the semester:
|Application Deadlines||All APSU Forms||Dual Enrollment Grant|
|Fall Semester||April 15||August 15|
|Spring Semester||November 15||January 15|
|Summer Sessions||April 15||May 15|
- The information you provide in application documents will be used to post any and all grant and scholarship funding to your student account.
- No funding is applied to your student account until you are registered for class. After registration, the Dual Enrollment office will finalize and process with the business office. Students will receive an email notification when funding has been applied to their student account.
- All questions should be directed to the Dual Enrollment office.
- Do NOT contact APSU’s Office of Financial Aid – they do not handle dual enrollment financial aid.
- Do NOT complete a FAFSA form – it is not necessary for dual enrolled students.
|APSU Dual Enrollment
Clarksville, TN 37044
|firstname.lastname@example.org|| APSU Main Campus
The DEG currently provides up to $1,200 per academic year. The funding is distributed differently for the first four courses vs. the second four courses.
- The student must submit the online application each semester at https://egrands.guarantorsolutions.com/scholarshipapps/
We recommend you complete applications for the entire academic year at one time.
- The student must maintain a GPA of 2.75 in their college classes to continue receiving the grant in subsequent high school semesters.
- The students must be a resident of Tennessee for at least one year.
- If you are taking courses at both APSU and NSCC, you must name APSU as your home school on the DEG application so that funding can be applied correctly.
- If you are taking courses at APSU and an institution other than NSCC, please contact the Dual Enrollment office for further instructions.
- Click here for further details.
If you have previously taken a dual/joint enrollment course at another institution, an official transcript or grade report from that institution is necessary so that we may verify your continued eligibility for the DEG. Your account will not be updated until that report or transcript is received.
Processing of DEG funding must be handled by only one institution. If you are currently registered for another dual enrollment course with another institution, please notify the APSU Dual Enrollment office as soon as possible. If APSU will be your homeschool, you must review and agree to the terms of the consortium agreement each semester (see below). Grant monies for up to two courses per semester will be posted to the student’s APSU account. If another institution is the homeschool, please request a consortium agreement from that institution to be sent to email@example.com
It is the student’s responsibility to pay bills by published deadlines at each institution.
The student is enrolled at Austin Peay State University (Home school) as a dual enrollment
student and will also attend the Host school as a dual enrollment student. APSU will
award, disburse, and assure that the student is in compliance with policies and procedures.
The Host school will verify enrollment, number of credit hours enrolled, and any changes
in dual enrollment status. The Host school will not award Dual Enrollment Grant funds
to this student.
- I must be enrolled and accepted for admission as a dual enrollment student at APSU
and the host institution, and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- I authorize the release of information to and by the Home and Host schools as needed
to determine grant eligibility. This information might include GPA, course schedule,
transcripts, account information and other information needed to determine eligibility.
- I will be responsible for any refunds or repayments that might be required if I drop or withdraw from class.
- I must abide by any policies and procedures regarding financial aid and/or Consortium Agreement policies and procedures at APSU and the Host school.
- I understand that Dual Enrollment Grant funds will be disbursed directly to my Home school
according to all Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship Program guidelines.
- it is my responsibility to pay all remaining charges due the Home and Host schools.
By submitting the online authorization form and the signature page, the student agrees to the terms and conditions of this Consortium Agreement. To the best of my knowledge, all information contained herein is accurate. I understand that failure to comply with any of the conditions of this agreement could result in the agreement being canceled.
If your parent/guardian is a state of Tennessee employee, a certified public school teacher in Tennessee or an employee of a UT or TBR system institution, you may receive a discount on your tuition and/or fees. In order to receive the discount, your parent must complete and submit the appropriate form. Please submit as soon as possible so any discounts and grants can be posted to your student account before you pay your fees.
Forms for each type of employment discount are different. Please go to http://www.apsu.edu/bursar/discounts to select the appropriate form. Print it, complete and submit together with this application. Ensure all signatures are in place; incomplete forms are not acceptable.