Executive Certificate in Healthcare Administration (ECHA)
The Executive Certificate in Healthcare Administration, pending Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges approval, is a 12-hour certificate (4 courses) providing an executive style education to healthcare professionals in the Clarksville/Montgomery County and greater Nashville area. The Executive Certificate in Healthcare Administration can be completed in two consecutive eight-week sessions in the Fall or Spring semesters. Students will enroll in two classes for Session A and two classes for Session B. Each session will start with a 3 day on-campus immersion where students will participate in lecture and group work with the faculty member.
Completion of the Executive Certificate in Healthcare Administration will allow the student to transition into the Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) that is currently offered through the Department of Health and Human Performance. The certificate classes will count as four of the ten courses required for the MHA degree.
- An earned undergraduate degree with at least a 3.0 GPA.
- At least three years of experience in healthcare.
- One letter or statement from current employer confirming employment and recommending you to the program.
- Personal statement stating why you think this program will benefit your growth in the healthcare industry.
- Approval by program coordinator.
Snapshot of the ECHA format
|Spring 2018 Cohort|
|Application deadline:||January 9, 2018|
|Session 1:||January 16 to March 6|
|On-campus immersion:||January 18, 19, 20|
|- HHP 5530: Financial Accounting in Healthcare|
|- HHP 5640: Human Resource Management|
|Session 2:||March 14 to April 25|
|On-campus immersion:||March 15, 16, 17|
|- HHP 5630: Financial Management of Healthcare Services|
|- HHP 5860: Strategic Healthcare Management|
|Fall 2018 Cohort|
|Application deadline:||August 8, 2018|
|Session 1:||August 27 to October 18|
|Session 2:||October 24 to December 5|
Cost for Spring 2018 Cohort: $6,700
Price includes tuition, books, breakfast and lunch; lodging and travel not included.
* Please check with employee to see if they offer financial assistance or tuition reimbursement
Why the Executive Certificate in Healthcare Administration (ECHA)?
- is designed for individuals who are working full time in healthcare and want to further their education without committing to a full master's degree program.
- focuses on accounting, finance, human resources, and strategic management for healthcare professionals.
- has classes that transfer into APSU's Master of Healthcare Administration degree.
- has courses offered in a hybrid/executive format and completed in 16 weeks.
- is taught by highly qualified faculty members with a proven track record in the industry and in the classroom.
- provides a curriculum that focuses on the emerging issues in healthcare to better prepare students in an ever-changing industry.
- will expand industry contacts by interacting with other students in the program.