Master of Professional Studies (MPS)
The Master of Professional Studies (MPS) with a concentration in Strategic Leadership is an interdisciplinary graduate degree program in the social sciences. The 30-hour program is designed for students who wish to pursue graduate professional studies in an online learning environment.
The MPS is a professionally-oriented program that responds to the dynamic needs of students working in or preparing for rapidly changing professional environments and expectations. In this program of interdisciplinary graduate studies, students make connections between various professional fields and traditional social science disciplines.
Professionals that might be served by the MPS program include, but are not limited to, individuals working in commerce, information technology, mass media, government, social services, health care, and education.
Dr. Kathryn Woods
Department of Leadership and Organizational Administration website
Required Application Materials
- Application for admission
- Application Fee: $45 domestic or $55 international
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Official GRE scores (or) *Portfolio [in lieu of GRE scores]
- Military documents, if applicable
- Admission decision by department
The College of Behavioral and Health Sciences offers the online Master of Professional Studies with a concentration in Strategic Leadership. To be admitted, applicants should meet the following admission requirements:
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum GRE revised General Test scores of: Verbal-143, Quantitative-150, and Analytical Writing-4.0 (or)
- *Portfolio - Applicants with five or more years of professional work experience may submit a portfolio in lieu of the GRE. The portfolio must include a resume, a 500-600 word essay detailing the reasons for wanting toenter the M.P.S. program and discussing how the program will help the applicant achieve personal and professional goals, and two letters of professional and/or academic references. Other items that an applicant may include in the portfolio include a description of professional responsibilities, professional achievements and professional awards or recognitions.
- Applicant must upload or submit the portfolio in its entirety as a complete packet to Graduate Admissions.
- The admission decision will be based on the entire academic and professional record.
International Admission Requirements
To view graduate programs available to international students, refer to the Graduate Programs for International Students page on the College of Graduate Studies website. Dependent upon program and/or visa status, additional graduate admission requirements must be met. Please refer to the Admission Requirements for International Students page on our website for detailed information and forms that may be required. All admission documents must be received and processed before selection committee review.
Regular Admission will be granted to applicants who have met all entrance requirements. To be granted conditional admission, unofficial transcripts and entrance exam scores may be submitted until the official documents are received by Graduate Admissions. If official documents are not received as prescribed in the current Graduate Bulletin all classes will be dropped. Denied admission status will be granted to applicants who do not meet the regular or conditional criteria for admission to the program.