The internship provides students with the opportunity to observe and participate in health services activities, thus preparing them to function more effectively as a health care professional. Upon completion of the experience, the student should be able to:
- analyze the organizational structure and mission of the agency;
- identify specific programs and personnel relationships within various departments;
- recognize relationships the agency has with the community, other health care institutions, and voluntary health care organizations;
- interpret the role of an administrator and other health care professionals within the agency;
- demonstrate skills in functioning as a member of the health agency team; and,
- develop specific health service skills when applicable.
- demonstrate the expectations of a worksite in regards to dress code and human relationship behaviors, to include the appropriate need for being considerate, patient, prompt, conscientious, appreciative, kind, and courteous.
Please click on the links below for access to the internship packet and a guide to information related to internship.
Some internships may require background checks as part of their internship application process. Please speak with your internship site and determine if they require a background check before completing the True Screen background check.
Please note: The True Screen background check contains federal, state, and local level searches and costs $23.50.