The internship provides students with the opportunity to observe and participate in health services activities, thus preparing them to function more effectively as a health care professional. Upon completion of the experience, the student should be able to:
- analyze the organizational structure and mission of the agency;
- identify specific programs and personnel relationships within various departments;
- recognize relationships the agency has with the community, other health care institutions, and voluntary health care organizations;
- interpret the role of an administrator and other health care professionals within the agency;
- demonstrate skills in functioning as a member of the health agency team; and,
- develop specific health service skills when applicable.
Please click on the links below for access to the internship packet and a guide to information related to internship.
Some internships may require background checks as part of their internship application process. Please speak with your internship site and determine if they require a background check before completing the True Screen background check.
Please note: The True Screen background check contains federal, state, and local level searches and costs $23.50.