Annual Enrollment Transfer Period
During Annual Enrollment, you can enroll in, transfer or cancel coverage for the following benefits in Edison Self Service. All changes will be effective Jan. 1, 2019. If you would like to learn more about a particular benefit, select the button below:
During Annual Enrollment, you can enroll in, transfer or cancel coverage for the following benefits via the provider. All changes will be effective Jan. 1, 2019.
- State and higher education health premiums for active employees will decrease 9.4%
- Health options and network options are not changing.
- Copays, coinsurance and deductibles are staying the same for all health plans and the deductibles and out-of-pocket maximum will increase.
- Voluntary products premiums:
- MetLife DPPO dental plan will increase 2%.
- Cigna DHMO (prepaid) dental plan will stay the same.
- Davis Vision plans will stay the same.
- MetLife disability plans (state and higher education only) will stay the same.
- Basic term life, basic accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) and voluntary AD&D insurance (state and higher education only) will decrease.
- Physical therapy benefit: PPO members no longer have to meet their deductible first for physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy that is in-network and outpatient. They will only have to pay coinsurance. CDHP/HSA members must meet the deductible first and pay coinsurance.
- Cardiac rehab benefit: PPO members will not pay any costs for in-network, outpatient cardiac rehab. CDHP/HSA members must meet the deductible first before the coinsurance is waived.
- Bone anchored hearing devices: Will be covered when deemed medically necessary (subject to plan benefits).
- Certain medications used to treat opioid dependency: Members won’t have to pay for some of these medications. Find more information on the Pharmacy page.
- Members can work with their pharmacists to coordinate refills for maintenance medications so that multiple medications are filled on the same day. For PPO members, the medications being filled to get you “synced” will have pro-rated copays. This applies to statins for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, diabetes, depression and asthma/COPD medications.
- The state of Tennessee offers videos to help navigate Edison, as well as explain the benefits offered to employees. Click here to view the videos.
- You can also attend a webinar to learn more about the benefits offered to employees:
- Monday, Sept. 24, 9-10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2-3 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 1, 10-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 3, 1-2 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 8, 9-10 a.m.
Click here for instructions on how to join.
You will use Employee Self Service (ESS) in Edison to add/make changes to benefits. When using Edison ESS, Internet Explorer 11 is the preferred browser. You may not be able to enroll if you use another browser, a mobile device or a tablet.
We need documents to prove their relationship to you. A list of required documents is found on the Enrollment Materials page.
- You can upload your documents in Edison or fax to 615.741.8196.
- The dependent documents deadline is your same Annual Enrollment deadline.
- Employees new to coverage and employees who change or transfer plans will receive new ID cards. Current members who don’t make plan changes will use their same ID cards.
- Because there are no changes to dental and vision coverage, current members who continue their coverage can use the same ID cards.
- CDHP/HSA, medical FSA and limited purpose FSA (L-FSA) members who continue coverage will use the same debit card. If you are a new CDHP/HSA, medical FSA or limited purpose FSA enrollee, you will receive a new debit card from PayFlex.
- Members can always request additional cards by contacting their carrier network or vendor(s).