Sending Your Documents by Express Mail
Overview of Mailing Process
APSU only mails documents by pre-paid express mail through eShipGlobal using FedEx, UPS, or DHL.
- You can pay to have items shipped to you via express mail through E-Ship Global.
- You create an account and pay for your selected shipping method and provider (FedEx, UPS, or DHL)
- You will be able to track your package and receive it faster.
Note: eShip Global is the only option available for express shipping. We are unable to accommodate labels made through personal FedEx/courier accounts or sending through other services.
Initial I-20 and DS-2019 requests: Wait until we send you an automated email letting you know you have been accepted and your acceptance packet (including I-20 or DS-2019 form) is ready to be sent before you request an eShip delivery. To request express mail service, go to https://study.eshipglobal.com.The site works best with Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browsers. Do not go to the UPS, DHL or FedEx sites directly.
How to Create an Express Shipping Label
Please complete the following steps to create an express shipping label through E-Ship Global:
- Visit the eShipGlobal website(Best with Internet Explorer & Firefox).
- Register/create an account. For this you will need:
- Email address (shipping information will be sent here)
- Mailing address
- Phone number (for delivery).
- Activate your account. After registering, you will receive an email within 30 minutes prompting you to activate your account. This is required for you to begin using the account. Once the activation process is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Create the shipping label. Once your account is active, you must:
- Select "Receive a Package From Universities,"
- Select “Tennessee” from the map of the United States
- Select “Austin Peay State University”
- If applying for graduate studies, select “College of Graduate Studies” If undergraduate, select “Office of Admissions.” If English Language Institute, select “ESL Institute.”
- Enter your mailing address (U.S. or foreign), phone number and email address. An APSU ID number (A number) is NOT required to submit your request. Please use A002216400 if you do not yet have your A number yet.
- At the end of the screen, select “ship/quote.” You will receive a quote and have the option to choose your carrier – FedEx, UPS, or DHL.
- Select your method of payment (i.e. credit card or wire transfer). Please pay close attention to the information submitted on these screens, as errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete address information will result in a delay in the mailing of your documents.
- Receive confirmation email from eShipGlobal. The final email you receive from eShipGlobal will be confirmation of your order. This email will provide you with detailed information about your shipment (i.e. payment amount, tracking number, mailing address, etc.). APSU will receive a copy of this email at the same time as you, so there is no need to forward us the information unless your adviser requests it.
- Track your package.APSU should send a confirmation email once your documents are shipped. You will be able to track your documents through the portal within 24-48 hours after your package is sent.
- I have a personalFedEx or Courier account.Can I use that for express shipping?
The only way we can receive express shipping labels is through the eShipGlobal portal. We will not be able to accommodate personal courier requests or labels created through a private account.
- Problems, Issues, and Questions with Setting up Mailing?
If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipment, please use the “Help” link in the site for step-by-step instructions. If you have additional questions about how to use this service, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.