The Texts for Vets Program was created to assist APSU students overcome the financial burden of purchasing textbooks. The textbooks we provide our students are donated from the APSU community, which are distributed to the students through our center in room 120 in the Morgan University Center (located behind the Post Office). Due to the current amount of textbooks, we distribute them out based on a first-come first-served basis. The first week of distribution is designated for veterans, active duty, reservist, national guardsmen, retirees, ROTC students, and family members. Once the semester starts, distribution is open to all APSU students. During the last week of the term the students return the book to the center to be signed out by another student the following semester. If you have any textbooks that you no longer use please think of helping out your fellow students by donating those textbooks to the MSC.
Please remember this program is funded completely by donations, so if you are able to donate please do!
1. I have read and understand the requirements for the Texts for Vets programs under the Texts for Vets Information (<click here) tab before completing an application.
2. I have reviewed book availability under the Texts for Vets List of Books tab (<click here) before completing an application form.
3. I am aware that textbook(s) must be picked up and returned in person with APSU Student ID at the Military Student Center by Deadlines
4. I will be responsible for returning the textbook(s) in the same condition that it was in when I checked it out and I will sign textbook(s) back in with an authorized MSC employee.
5. I will be responsible for payment of charges as a result of damages and/or loss of textbook(s).
6. I am aware that one application is required per textbook request and I will be contacted when the application has been processed at which point I will have 48 hours to pick up textbook(s).
7. I understand that if the information provided on the application is not accurate, the application will be voided.
8. I am aware that if I return the textbook(s) after the due date that I will be banned from utilizing these services for 90 days after the return date.
9. I am aware that failure to comply with these requirements will result in a hold on my student account and/or I will be found in violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
10. One Texts for Vets application form must be completed for each book
11. First come first serve basis.
12. Many of the donated books are used so original CD’s/software may no longer be with the book. The student is responsible for acquiring or borrowing those items for their class.
13. If a student drops a class they must return the book ASAP so another student has the opportunity to sign it out.
14. Application will open at 8:00 am on Jan. 9 for Military Affiliated Students
Spring (MC & FCC) 2018:
Texts for Vets will be available on the following dates:
Priority students (Veterans, Active duty, Military Family Members): 1/9 to 3/16
All other APSU students from: 1/16 to 3/16
Text for Vets returns are due back:
· Returns for Spring 1 will be accepted from: 2/27 to 3/6
· Returns for MC Full term & Spring 2 will be accepted from: 4/27 to 5/4
For more information or if you have questions please contact the Military Student Center at (931)221-1685 or via email at email@example.com