Undergraduate Research Enrichment Funds Grant Application Deadline March 15 2019
What is the Undergraduate Research Enrichment Fund Program?
UREF provides up to $3,000 for student-faculty teams in support of research, scholarly and creative activities, and/or artistic performances.
UREF Program Eligibility
Full-time, undergraduate students during the entire award period who are at least sophomore status. Mentor must be full-time, permanent faculty member.
Projects will be funded for any duration in the July 1 to June 30 fiscal year. Funds can be used for: project-related expenses (equipment, supplies, etc.), student stipend and/or travel, and up to $500 in professional development funds for the faculty mentor. Combined, the total is not to exceed $3,000. UREF Scholars with an international travel component may be eligible for a supplemental $1,000 travel award.
- Completed online student application form: Application Here
- One-page student narrative describing the student’s background preparation for described research, professional aspirations, and how this project will assist in achieving these The narrative should be included with the online application form.
- A project proposal (using provided template) of no more than five (5) pages should be included with the online application form. This proposal should include the points listed below.
- The proporsal should be submitted digitally (pdf) to email@example.com
A description of the appropriate methods or approach used to complete the Examples include but are not limited to: data collection and analysis, materials used, resources available or resources needed, development of intermediate products, and theme carried through a creative work.
- Two Online Faculty Evaluations: Faculty Evaluation Here
- Chairperson Support Form: Evaluation Directions Here
- The project scope, magnitude, and duration should be sufficient to justify the
- Research must be conducted at Austin Peay State University or at an external site under the direct supervision of an APSU faculty
- The applicant is expected to be the primary author of the student narrative and proposal The faculty mentor should work closely with the student applicant to develop the proposal and should review the written proposal several times prior to submission.
- The student applicant must request evaluation by two faculty members, including the faculty mentor, and obtain a statement of support from the Chairperson in the department of This statement should address access to department resources, equipment, supplies, etc. Both will be submitted via online form.
- For projects proposing the use of human research subjects or animals, a copy of the submitted/approved IACUC or IRB documentation for the project must be Projects with components external to APSU must provide a letter of support from the coordinator of the external institution.
- Each UREF scholar will participate in the APSU Research and Creativity Forum and should apply to present at national or regional conference/performance as
- UREF scholars will be expected to participate in promotional activities for OUR during the award period and complete a post award
- Faculty mentors will be required to submit and evaluate student learning objectives associated with the proposed
- It is expected that the faculty mentor will work closely with the student through each component of the proposed project. This mentorship will be important for completion of the project as well as the assessment of the student learning