With the ever-changing landscape of fitness, exercise and weight loss information, it is a workout just trying to sort through it all. Instead, ditch the powders, pills and far-fetched promises for what really works. Our trainers will work with you to create a comprehensive, personalized program to help you reach your fitness and wellness goals. They will help motivate you with knowledge and skills, providing fun, effective and safe activities to keep you interested and engaged. With their guidance, you will be on a sound path to improve your overall health and quality of life, not just for now, but for your future as well.
Each training plan will provide:
- benefits and principles of exercise
- proper biomechanics
- appropriate intensity guidelines
- choices of the right activities for you
- practical application of movement
- ability to relate activity to total well-being
- Only University Recreation Personal Trainers are permitted to train clients at the Foy Fitness & Recreation Center.
- University Recreation patron status and forms must be kept current.
- Payments are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Cancellations made with less than 24-hour notice will result in one-half session charge.
- No shows will result in a charge of one full session.
- Sessions expire one year from purchase date.
- All other University Recreation policies and procedures are valid and will be enforced.
Requesting a Personal Trainer
1. Complete required forms at the Foy Fitness & Recreation Center.
2. Once the completed Training Request Packet is turned in, Fitness Staff will match trainers and clients based on goals, trainer preference and availability.
- If physician's clearance is required, Fitness Staff will contact client to obtain clearance. Training may begin after clearance form is turned in to Foy Fitness & Recreation Center.
- Personal Trainers will contact clients directly to schedule sessions.
3. Payment must be completed at the Foy Fitness & Recreation Center prior to your first appointment with a Personal Trainer.
- Accepted forms of payment include cash, check, credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).