In July, the Austin Peay State University Registrar’s Office will host the Summer
2019 Graduation Gala, and all APSU students participating in the summer commencement
ceremony are encouraged to attend this important, celebratory event.
As a graduating senior, the Graduation Gala is your one-stop shop in preparation for the big day, allowing you to celebrate your accomplishments while also making sure there are no hiccups to prevent you from receiving a diploma.
Also, we will no longer be holding commencement practice, so this is your opportunity to get all your questions answered regarding the ceremony.
Please stop by on either date, between the times indicated, to enjoy this celebratory event honoring you, our graduates!
When: July 2, 2018 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Where: Morgan University Center Upstairs
At the gala, you will:
- have your first opportunity to pick up your cap and gown.
- have the opportunity to have your resume’ reviewed by the APSU Office of Career Services.
- have an opportunity to have a professional photograph taken, complimentary of APSU Student Publications.
- be able to complete your exit interview for the Financial Aid Office.
- be able to complete your Perkins Loan exit interview with the Bursar’s Office.
- be able to schedule your senior exit exam.
- have the opportunity to order your own commencement DVD of the ceremony.
- be able to order invitations, class rings and APSU memorabilia.
- receive a gift from your SGA and Office of the Registrar.
- receive your first official “alumni” t-shirt from the APSU Alumni Office.
“We want to ensure that our students are being taken care of. We will be there so they can resolve any pending requirements they may have for graduation.”
-Telaina Wrigley, Registrar
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can we still pick our cap and gown up at the bookstore?
A: No, caps and gowns are only available at the Graduation Gala event. If you are unable to attend the event, you will need to come to the Office of the Registrar after the last day of the event to pick-up your regalia.
Q: Can my cap and gown be mailed to my home if I am an online student or live out
A: Yes, you may have your cap and gown mailed to your home, but you must email the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your regalia be sent to your home. You will be responsible for the $15.95 shipping and handling fees. They will not be mailed until after you have paid the fee and the Graduation Gala event is over.
Q: What is the cost for my cap and gown?
A: The price of your cap and gown are included in your graduation fees; however, you will be required to pay for any cords or graduate hood you may need.