HOPE Lottery Scholarship
Keep your scholarship!
Important points to know
- FAFSA: Completing the FAFSA is the only way to apply and must be submitted each year. Students can access the application at www.fafsa.gov/.
- Oct. 1: 2018-19: FAFSA opens at www.fafsa.gov.
- Maintain the enrollment status for which you were awarded. For example, if awarded for full time, you must maintain full-time enrollment.
- If your enrollment status changes, you may permanently lose your HOPE lottery scholarship. You may be able to maintain the number of credit hours needed to keep the lottery scholarship by enrolling in an additional class at the Austin Peay Center at Fort Campbell.
- Strict appeal process — most cannot be appealed.
- Seek tutoring assistance immediately from the Academic Support Center if you are struggling academically.
- Students are responsible for knowing and understanding criteria for retaining the scholarship(s).
- Go to www.apsu.edu/financialaid for additional information.
HOPE Lottery Scholarship Renewal Criteria
Eligibility will be reviewed by the institution at the end of the semester in which the student has attempted a total of 24, 48, 72, 96 and any subsequent multiples of 24 semester hours thereafter. The student:
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 after 24 and 48 attempted semester hours; and
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 after 72 and 96
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for 120 attempted semester hours and above, or must have between a 2.75–2.99 cumulative GPA after 72 and 96 and have a semester GPA of at least a 3.0 in the semester in which the student attempted 72 and 96. (The student will be reviewed on a semester-by-semester basis and must maintain full-time enrollment.)
- Must be continuously enrolled at an eligible postsecondary institution in the fall and spring semesters and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
If a student ceases to be academically eligible for the HOPE Lottery Scholarship, the student may regain the award one time only. The award may be reestablished once the student meets any of the above criteria and continues to meet non-academic requirements.