New Student Checklist
Be prepared to start your career at The Peay!
Welcome to the Austin Peay State University family! The first year of college is an exciting time in your life. You have many new things to learn and decide, from choosing your major and career, to where you will live and how to get involved. Our staff and faculty are here to assist you, and this guide will provide some of the basic information about our services and programs. We are here to help you be successful. If you ever need assistance or have questions, please call or visit Student Affairs at 931-221-7341. We are located in the Morgan University Center, Room 206. We are glad you chose to be a Gov!
- Register for classes
- Get your AP Email login/Go to AP OneStop
- Check on your Financial Aid status
- ***CONFIRM YOUR CLASSES*** BY AUG. 22.
- Keep your Govs I.D. card with you
- Register for RAVE Alert – emergency
text message system and download the LiveSafe App
- Save Campus Police number in your phone: 931-221-7786
- Get your parking decal in the Shasteen Building
- Apply for an on-campus job through the Human Resources website
- Find places to eat on campus
- Check the map and find your class locations
- Visit the Woodward Library
- Go to the Student Involvement Fair
- Go to the Foy Fitness and Recreation Center
- ***Go to class!***
- Have an online class? Login, and check daily!
- Check your AP Email daily
- Go to tutoring/seek help early for your classes if needed
- Plan alternate routes to and from campus
- Go to an athletic event
- Check out the location of parking lots on campus
- Know academic calendar dates
- Log into PeayLink
- Be a Gov!
Safety and Security
- Emergency Phones/Blue Boxes are located across campus. Pressing the emergency button activates alarm lights and connects you to Campus Police.
- Campus police patrol campus 24/7. They are armed, trained and empowered with the same authority as city police.
- RAVE Alert text messages and emails are sent to students whenever there is a threat on campus, including bad weather (but you must opt-in). Current students can register for the free service at www.apsu.edu/police/emergency-alerts. You can also download the LiveSafe app which allows student to quickly and conveniently communicate with Campus Police.
- Security escorts are available to accompany students across campus 24 hours a day. Call 931-221-7786.
- Card swipe technology ensures only students who live in a specific residence hall can get inside.
- Free motorist assistance is available 24/7 through Campus Police to help students who need a jump-start, gas, towing service or other such aid.
- Crime prevention and safety programs are available to teach students how to avoid becoming a victim — and prepare them to act in an emergency situation.
In case of an emergency, dial 911.