How the Promise works at APSU
Tennessee Promise eligibility requirements
- Students must complete the Tennessee Promise application and service hours and be determined eligible for the program (please refer to TSAC Tennessee Promise checklist).
- Although the Tennessee Promise Scholarship is considered a last-dollar scholarship, it does not pay last dollar when utilized at a four-year institution. The scholarship only covers the average state community college costs of tuition and mandatory fees not met by gift aid from the Pell, TELS (including the HOPE scholarship, Access Grant, Aspire Scholarship, etc.) or TSAA programs.
- If a student’s gift aid amount exceeds the average community college tuition and mandatory fees, the student will not be eligible for a Tennessee Promise Scholarship payment at Austin Peay State University.
- Must be admitted to APSU seeking an associate degree.
- Students participating in athletics must declare a bachelor’s degree, per NCAA regulations, and are not eligible for the Tennessee Promise Scholarship.
- Students must be enrolled full time, which is 12 credit hours or more for undergraduate students. Upper-division (3000-4000 level) courses cannot count towards the full-time eligibility requirement and are not eligible for payment under Tennessee Promise.
- This scholarship may be used for up to five semesters of assistance, provided continuing eligibility is met.
What associate degrees are offered at Austin Peay?
Austin Peay is one of only two state universities where you can take advantage of the Tennessee Promise scholarship. To take advantage of this scholarship, you will need to enroll in one of our associate degree programs offered. Liberal arts is an associate degree in which you take core courses and electives. This degree will feed into most four-year degree programs. Below is a list of associate degrees programs offered at Austin Peay.
- Liberal Arts
- Engineering Technology (Automotive, Construction, and Electronics)
- Management Technology (Restaurant Management, Food Service, Culinary Arts)