The New Gallery is Austin Peay State University's contemporary art gallery operated by the Department of Art+Design. It is a 1500sq' white cube gallery that features 6 professionally executed exhibitions a year with corresponding artist lectures, gallery talks and other programming. The New Gallery, and all corresponding programming, is free and open to the public. Gallery hours are Monday-Friday from 9 a.m - 4 p.m. and follows the academic calendar and inclimate weather policy. Curator-guided tours of exhibitions are available per request.
Fall 2020 Gallery hours: Tues - Thursday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Also available by appointment. Curator talks are available to classes/groups of less than 15 people. Masks must be worn, social distancing must be practiced. Contact Director for details, appointments.
The purpose of The New Gallery is to promote the mission and vision of Austin Peay State University by hosting engaging and thought-provoking exhibitions of artworks:
- That provide important learning opportunities for students
- That serve to energize and maintain a high level of student engagement.
- That support the University’s commitment to collaboration, critical inquiry and cultural diversity
- That are meaningful to the University’s location, identity and mission
- That feature important artists whose work embodies the highest standards of excellence
- That celebrate community by also featuring works created by students, alumni, faculty and supporters
- That highlight the diverse disciplines practiced and taught at the University
- That promote an understanding of the arts
Proud Member of:
Follow us on social media for up-to-date information and changes in schedule:
Michael Dickins - email@example.com, 931-221-6519