Office of Academic Services and Engagement
Welcome to the Office of Academic Services and Engagement (ASE)! We are glad you have joined the APSU community and look forward to working with you.
The Office of Academic Services and Engagement is deeply committed to enhancing faculty and student engagement practices at APSU. Major priorities include:
- Coordinating adjunct, part-time and temporary faculty orientation and on-going evaluation processes
- Tracking and documenting faculty qualifications and accomplishments
- Contributing to the development of policies, initiatives, and campus-wide culture that supports excellence in teaching and academic services
- Collaborating/Consulting with Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Assessment to assess academic support services
- Encouraging and supporting innovative research and implementation of High Impact Practices
- Coordinating efforts to identify, develop, and sustain the Universities next Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
ASE Mission Statement
The mission of the Office of Academic Services and Engagement (ASE) is to provide:
- Adjunct, part – time and temporary faculty with quality professional development tools, innovative techniques, excellence in teaching strategies and academic services inside and outside of the classroom to foster engaged learning environments for students and
- Institutional support in reviewing APSU policies, procedures and initiatives including accreditation analyses and preparation of information pertaining to SACSCOC standards as well as strategic initiatives
ASE Diversity Statement
The office of Academic Services & Engagement (ASE) supports an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are accepted, appreciated, and seen as a value for life and work in a global society. We are especially committed to increasing the representation of those populations that have been historically excluded from institutional discussions, policies, practices and/or procedures.