Adjunct, Part-Time & Temporary Faculty Support and Resources
Welcome to Austin Peay State University! We are delighted to have you as a part of the Governor community. This website exists to enhance faculty and student engagement practices at APSU. We will specifically provide information that will assist adjuncts, part-time and temporary instructors in their teaching at APSU by providing an overview of guidelines, policies, classroom guidance, and campus resources. Please consider this as a broad overview to guide newly hired adjuncts, part-time and temporary instructors, enlighten prospective and provide a quick reference tool for our more experienced adjunct faculty.
It is important that Austin Peay's adjunct, part-time and temporary faculty understand how much they are valued and the significance that they hold on campus. After all, our adjunct/part-time faculty make up a third of APSU teaching staff! We are here to answer any questions you may have as well as guide you on your teaching journey. If you have specific questions about your teaching assignment(s) and/or departmental norms and procedures, please contact your department chair and/or program director.
Austin Peay is a comprehensive university and our mission is to prepare students to be engaged and productive citizens, while recognizing that society and the marketplace require global awareness and continuous learning. This mission will be accomplished by:
- Offering undergraduate, graduate, and student support programs designed to promote critical thinking, communication skills, creativity, and leadership;
- Expanding access opportunities and services to traditional and nontraditional students, including the use of multiple delivery systems, flexible scheduling, and satellite locations;
- Promoting equal access, diversity, an appreciation of all cultures, and respect for all persons;
- Serving the military community at Fort Campbell through complete academic programs;
- Providing academic services that support student persistence to graduation;
- Fostering a positive campus environment that encourages active participation in university life; and
- Developing programs (credit and noncredit), conducting research, and providing services that contribute significantly to the quality of life, learning, and workforce development needs of the region.
APSU has a vision to create a collaborative, integrative learning community, instilling in students habits of critical inquiry as they gain knowledge, skills, and values for life and work in a global society.
We could not accomplish this mission and vision without your assistance and are excited that you have chosen to teach at Austin Peay!