WEB TIME INSTRUCTIONS
FOR Bi-Weekly Employees
(Clerical/Support, Temps, and Students)
*Clerical/Support will only enter exception time
*Temps and Students will enter actual hours worked
Public Safety, Physical Plant, and University Recreation utilizes Timeclock plus instead of webtime entry. Please consult your supervisor for Timeclock Plus instructions.
The WTE process allows employees to enter their time worked on a web based time sheet and allows supervisors to approve their work time. This is available 24/7 for entry and viewing.
- The employee’s WTE time sheet will be available on the Thursday after the beginning of the Pay Period. If you don’t have a WTE time sheet, notify your supervisor immediately.
- Employees should enter time worked throughout the pay period and review their time sheet to ensure it is correct and submit for approval at the end of the pay period. It is very important that entries for time worked be entered as worked. Do not wait until the end of the reporting period to input hours worked.
- Once the employee’s hours have been correctly recorded, submitted for approval and approved by the approver(s) it is ready to be processed by payroll. If the hours are not correct, the approver can send the timesheet back for correction or correct the time sheet with comments.
WTE time sheets will always be associated with one of the following transaction statuses:
- Not Started – Time sheet has not been opened by employee.
- In Progress – Employee has opened time sheet and may or may not have entered hours.
- Pending – Time sheet has been submitted for approval.
- Return for Correction – Time sheet has been returned for correction by the approver to the employee.
- Approved – Time sheet has been approved by the approver and is ready for payroll processing.
You may always check the status of your time sheet on the Time Sheet Selection screen.
Accessing your Banner WTE Time Sheet
Click on OneStop at bottom of APSU home page and then click login
Log in using your Banner ID and Password that you currently use when signing on to your computer.
It is very important that you do not share your User Name and Password with anyone due to the personal information that is accessible with your Login. Sharing your User Name and Password also violates APSU Policy. Contact the help desk if you experience problems with your Username or Password.
- Click on Web Self Service
- At the next screen, click on “Employee” Tab.
- Click on the Employee Menu and select time sheet
- Select the position and pay period you want to enter hours.
- If you have multiple positions, it is extremely important that you select the correct position to enter hours. Be sure you select the correct pay period.
How to Enter Hours
Click on Enter Hours for the day and type of hours you need to enter hours for.
After entering your hours, click Save. You may then select Next Day or go back to Time Sheet. Either option will prompt you to continue entering until all hours worked for the pay period have been recorded.
- You may enter hours and logout of the system as often as needed during the pay period.
- Select Copy to copy hours to other days (for days when your work schedule is exactly the same).
- You may use the Comments button to enter any additional information (optional unless you are entering adjustment hours).
- The Preview button will allow you to view your time sheet in a landscape format for the entire month.
- Do one of the following to correct entry errors:
Restart Button – will clear the entire time sheet and allow you to start all over again. If you entered hours on the wrong time sheet, click the restart button to clear the hours and then go to the correct time sheet and reenter hours.
Delete Button - Will clear entries for that day.
Do not enter zeros to correct time. This will create problems or errors.
Enter your time worked throughout the pay period instead of waiting until the last minute and entering it all at the same time. Hours must be entered once a week at a minimum and more frequently as required by your supervisor. Waiting until the end of the period could jeopardize your pay if you are out unexpectedly the week hours should be submitted.
If you prematurely Submit for Approval, you must contact your supervisor/approver to return your time sheet to you.
The Submit By Date on your Time Sheet is the date your Approver must have your time sheet to payroll. You must submit your time to your approver by the date and time indicated on the payroll schedule.