Translate this page by choosing your language below (view disclaimer):
General English Program
APSU is committed to keeping our campus community safe and healthy.
Contact the ESL Institute for more information and questions.
- Classes are small and taught by instructors with extensive experience in teaching English to non-English speakers.
- Classes are not taken for credit, although grades and transcripts are provided.
- Classes are designed for students who are not in the U.S. on an F-1 visa, including:
U.S. Citizens whose first language is not English
J-1 (au pairs)
Other visa types which allow part-time study (some tourist visas, dependents, etc.)
WHEN and WHERE?
- Classes are held in 7-week terms on APSU's campus in Clarksville.
- General English classes are 1 day a week for 2 hours. Students may also choose to take an Intensive English class (2 days a week for 2 to 4 hours a week)
- Five terms are offered each year: Fall 1 (August-October), Fall 2 (October-December), Spring 1 (January-March), Spring 2 (March-May), Summer (June-July)
- Current and upcoming term schedules are found on the Calendar & Schedules page.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Students should submit the online application form or contact the ESL office for a paper application form.
- F-1 visa students must study full time, and some of these courses do not fulfill that requirement.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?