Translate this page by choosing your language below (view disclaimer):
Intensive English Program
- Classes are small and taught by instructors with extensive experience in teaching English to non-English speakers.
- Homework and exams are expected and assessment tests are given to students at the beginning and end of each semester.
- Classes are not taken for credit, although grades and transcripts are provided.
- Classes are designed for students in the United States on an F-1 visa, who are required to enroll in the program full time to maintain their visa status, for future university study.
- Other students who desire an intensive program of academic study to prepare for university study or career professional development may also take these classes.
- A basic knowledge of English is expected in order to benefit from the intensive level of study.
WHEN and WHERE?
- Classes are held in 8-week terms on APSU's in Clarksville.
- Five terms are offered each year: Fall 1 (August-October), Fall 2 (October-December), Spring 1 (January-March), Spring 2 (March-May), Summer (June-July)
- The ESL Institute follows a similar academic calendar as APSU’s Clarksville campus programs with Term 1 classes starting one week earlier..
- A typical semester schedule is found on the Calendar & Schedules page.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- F-1 Visa International Students:
Application form to the ESL Institute should be submitted as early as possible. Details are provided on the F-1 ESL Admission page.
- Other ESL Students:
Students should submit the online application form or contact the ESL office for a paper application form.
- Visit the Tuition & Fees page for details.
- Payment is due during registration before classes begin and should be made at the McReynolds Building on APSU's Clarksville campus.
- Credit card payments can be made online or can be taken via telephone by calling 931-221-7682.
- A late fee will be charged during the late registration period. See Important Dates for registration dates.
- Refund Policy
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?