Move In Guide
Apply for Housing
Confirm Your Move In
What to Bring
Your residence hall room will soon become your "home away from home" and we want you to bring whatever items you will need to make it comfortable. Below is a list of suggested items to get you started.
Health & Safety
· Cleaning supplies (e.g., sanitizing wipes, broom, mop, paper towels)
· First Aid Kit
· Laundry Supplies (hamper, detergent, hangers) - Laundry is free!
· Medication (prescribed and/or over the counter)
· Toilet Paper & Paper Towels
· Toiletries (e.g., toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, shampoo)
· Towels & Washcloths
· Umbrella/Rain Jacket
Make it Home
· Bed Linens (XL Twin)
· Blanket / Comforter
· Decorations/3M Command Strips
· Rug (5’ x 7’ looks great!)
· Storage Crates/Bins
· Coffee Maker
· Cooking/Eating Utensils
· Dish Towels / Sponge
· Dish Soap
· Microwave (1,000 watts or less)
· Plates / Cups
· Refrigerator (5 cubic feet or less)
· Surge Protector for Microwave/Fridge
*Any cooking appliance (except microwave and fridge) must be used in the residence hall kitchen.
· Phone charger
· Computer – Learn About Computers at the Library
· Ethernet Cable
· Television & Streaming Device
· Game Console – Learn How to Connect
· Blu-Ray/DVD Player
Ready to Succeed
· Study Supplies (pens, paper, stapler, highlighters, post its, paper clips, etc.)
What Not to Bring
Please review our A-Z Guide for a complete list of prohibited items..
Pets (Fish are Permitted)
Our laundry rooms are equipped with High-Efficiency washing machines and operate at no extra cost to you. For best results, we recommend high-efficiency detergent; pre-measured HE liquid packets/pods are convenient for busy college students.
Connect Your Devices
Our residence halls are equipped with high-speed wired and wireless internet for studying and using gaming/streaming devices. The GovsTech Help Desk can help you get connected to the Wi-Fi.
Prior to your arrival, our staff have inspected your room to ensure it is in move-in ready condition; however, if you find an issue in your room or residence hall, submit a maintenance request. We recommend booking or saving this link for the future.
Residence Hall Policies
It is important for you to be familiar with all residence hall procedures and policies. You can find everything you need to know including our policies on visitation, quiet hours, and safety/security.
We are permit free; however, students are required to register their car prior to parking on campus. You may register your parking permit online. For questions about parking, please contact Parking and Transportation.
Dining and Meal Plans
All students living on campus are required to have a meal plan. For information about meal plans, dining venues, menus, and hours of operations, visit our dining webpage.
Contact your Residence Hall Director, Resident Assistant, or our main office for further assistance.