Annual Enrollment Transfer Period
During Annual Enrollment, you can enroll in, transfer or cancel coverage for the following benefits in Edison Self Service. All changes will be effective January 1, 2021. If no changes are made in Edison, your current benefit plans will continue into next calendar year.
For a complete overview, view the Annual Enrollment Newsletter. If you would like to learn more about a particular benefit, select the button below:
During Annual Enrollment, you can enroll in, transfer or cancel coverage for the following benefits via the provider. All changes will be effective January 1, 2021.
For long-term disability and voluntary term life: you will need to follow the links below to enroll or make any changes for 2021. If no action is taken, your plans will continue into 2021.
For FSA: You must enroll through the link below. If you do not enroll, you will not be able to contribute in 2021.
- State and higher education health premiums for active employees will increase by 2.8% for 2021.
- Health options and network options are not changing.
- BlueCross Blueshield Network S
- Cigna LocalPlus
- Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP)- The surcharge for Cigna's large OAP statewide network will remain $40/$80
- BlueCross Blueshield Network S
- Copays, coinsurance and deductibles are staying the same for all health plans.
- Voluntary products premiums:
- MetLife DPPO dental plan will remain the same.
- Cigna DHMO (prepaid) dental plan will increase by 3%.
- Davis Vision plans will stay the same.
- MetLife disability plans will stay the same.
- Basic term life, basic accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) and voluntary AD&D insurance will remain the same.
- HSA/FSA vendor will change to Optum Bank beginning January 1, 2021. If continuing or enrolling in the FSA, you must create an account and designate your funds through the website. Employees with a HSA will enroll through Edison (must do every year) and funds will automatically be transferred into Optum Bank.
- Certain osteoporosis medications will be added to the maintenance tier drug list. This tier allows you to receive a 90-day supply of these drugs from a Retail-90 or mail order pharmacy at a reduced cost.
You will use Employee Self Service (ESS) in Edison to add/make changes to benefits. When using Edison ESS, Internet Explorer 11 is the preferred browser. Enrolling on your smart phone or mobile device is also possible.
We need documents to prove their relationship to you. A list of required documents is found on the Enrollment Materials page.
- You can upload your documents in Edison or fax to 615.741.8196.
- The dependent documents deadline is the same as the Annual Enrollment deadline (October 16, 2020 by 4:30 p.m. CST).
- Employees new to coverage and employees who change or transfer plans will receive new ID cards in December. Current members who don’t make plan changes will use their same ID cards in 2021.
- Because there are no changes to dental and vision coverage, current members who continue their coverage can use the same ID cards.
- Optum will mail behavioral health ID cards to all members.
- CDHP/HSA, medical FSA and limited purpose FSA (L-FSA) members will continue using the PayFlex website through December 31, 2020. Carryover information will be emailed to members.
- CDHP/HSA members will enroll through Edison to designate how much you want deducted from each pay. Funds will be transferred to Optum Bank from Payflex automatically.
- Medical FSA and limited purpose FSA members who wish to continue coverage will need to register and designate your funds through Optum Bank's website. Once registered, you receive a new card from Optum Bank. If you are a new CDHP/HSA, medical FSA or limited purpose FSA enrollee, you will receive a new debit card from Optum Bank.
- Members can always request additional cards by contacting their carrier network or vendor(s) or by using a vendor's mobile app.