PLEASE NOTE: On ground community tutoring in the Marks building is currently being suspended as a COVID-19 precaution. Community members may schedule a tutoring session with an APSU Peer Tutor through Tutor Matching Service, but please note that the session will take place virtually via Zoom.
Schedule a community tutor online by clicking the Tutor Matching Service link below
Community Tutoring Sessions
In addition to the free tutoring the Learning Resource Center provides for APSU students, we also offer one-on-one tutoring to the Clarksville community. The cost for community tutoring is $19.00 per hour per person.
All tutoring sessions will occur either in the Learning Resource Center (Marks Building Room 124) or the Woodward Library at APSU. Tutors and clients will coordinate location prior to session.
Pick Who's Right for You
The scheduling software provided through Tutor Matching Service allows for experience badges to be issued to tutors based on their qualifications and experience level. The Learning Resource Center's Tutor Training program has been certified by the College Reading and Learning Association as a level 3 tutoring institution (the highest level attainable). We encourage clients to familiarize themselves with each of the badges.
- LRC Trained: This indicates that the tutor has received 10 hours of training through the Learning Resource Center. The training focuses on basic tutor skills.
- Certified Tutor: This indicates that the tutor has been recommended by at least one APSU faculty member, has received the training for the LRC Trained badge, and has completed at least 25 hours of actual tutoring.
- Advanced Certified Tutor: This indicates that after completing all requirements for Certified Tutor, the tutor has completed 10 additional hours of training, focused on supporting diverse types of students and supporting students better within their subject area(s). The tutor has also completed at least an additional 25 hours of tutoring, bringing their total to at least 50 hours of tutoring.
- Master Certified Tutor: This indicates that after completing all requirements for Advanced Certified Tutor, the tutor has completed 10 additional hours of training, focused on Learning Resource Center operations and leadership within the tutor profession. The tutor has also competed at least 25 additional hours of tutoring, bringing their total to at least 75 hours of tutoring. Most Certified Master Tutors have participated in training other tutors. This is the highest level of certification any tutor can achieve.
Feedback and Refunds
Your feedback is important to us as we constantly strive to improve our services. You are encouraged to provide feedback using the following procedures:
- Feedback forms within Tutor Matching Service (TMS): After each session, TMS will ask you to rate the service you received. This rating is important to other students who are trying to determine which tutor they would like to work with.
- Tutor Session Feedback: This form comes directly to the Learning Resource Center. We use this feedback to guide the training for our tutors. We may also use the feedback as part of our evaluation process for individual tutors.
The Learning Resource Center and Tutor Matching Service provides a 100% guarantee on the quality of the services provided. This means that you have up to 48 hours after the tutoring session to request a full refund if you feel that the services provided were unsatisfactory. Requests for refunds are processed through TMS.
- Transportation to and from all tutoring sessions is the client's responsibility.
- Neither the Learning Resource Center nor the tutors can guarantee any grade based on working with a tutor.
- Tutors are expected to maintain academic integrity.
- Tutors not associated with the Learning Resource Center may post their services on the Tutor Matching Service site. Only tutors with one or more badges from the Learning Resource Center have been trained and supervised to the standards of the Learning Resource Center badged tutors.