The Military Student Center has a computer lab, a printer, a lounge, and dining area to allow students to either work on homework or to relax and unwind from the day surrounded by fellow like-minded students. The Center offers programs throughout the academic year to address the unique challenges our Military-Affiliated student population faces. One such program is the Texts for Vets program; which relies on textbook donations to provide textbooks to students free of charge. We are available every week day that the school is open to assist students in the Morgan University Center (MUC) Room 120; located behind the Post Office. Please come in and visit us, our Fall and Spring semester hours are:
Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
****The center is open to all students, no military affiliation is required.****
When I went to the Military Student Center, that helped me stay focused and encouraged me to want to do better, because when I was struggling in some of my classes, like biology and math, they had people there who were majoring in that type of thing, and they were more than happy to help, or find help for me.
I get to do a great service to not only military-affiliated students and veterans, but anybody can come use the (Military Student Center) and use our textbook program. I greatly enjoy expanding on that program. We really provide a heck of service.
I knew Austin Peay had a great military presence, it was close to the Fort Campbell, and I could easily transition from one school to the next and graduate in a timely manner.
The Military Student Center Provides:
- A computer lab with online access, a printer, and CAC readers.
- A dining area to eat, study, or talk with your peers.
- A lounge to unwind and relax.
- Events include educational, informational, and family-oriented programming throughout the year.
- Programs throughout the academic year that address the unique challenges facing our student population.
- Student/Peer Coaching - staff provides guidance and advice on how to navigate college and transition from military to college life.
- Texts for Vets relies on student textbook donations to provide textbooks for fellow students, free of charge. (first-come, first-served program)
THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO SERVED AND THOSE WHO SACRIFICED.