OSRI is accepting proposals for Undergraduate Research Enrichment funds on a limited case by case basis as funding remains available. Please email OSRI@apsu.edu for more information and the form to complete.
- Two Online Faculty Evaluations: Faculty Evaluation Here
- Chairperson Support Form: Evaluation Directions Here
UREF Proposal Requirements
- The project scope, magnitude, and duration should be sufficient to justify the budget.
- Research must be conducted at Austin Peay State University or an external site under the direct supervision of an APSU faculty mentor.
- The applicant is expected to be the primary author of the student narrative and proposal form.
- The faculty mentor should work closely with the student applicant to develop the proposal and should review the written proposal several times before submission.
- The student applicant must request an evaluation by two faculty members, including the faculty mentor, and obtain a statement of support from the Chairperson in the department through the appropriate online forms linked above. This statement should address access to department resources, equipment, supplies, etc. Both will be submitted via an online form.
- For projects proposing the use of human research subjects or animals, a copy of the submitted/approved IACUC or IRB documentation for the project must be included.
- Projects with components external to APSU must provide a letter of support from the coordinator of the external institution.
- Each UREF scholar will participate in the APSU Research and Creativity Forum and should apply to present at national or regional conferences.
- UREF scholars will be expected to participate in promotional activities for OSRI during the award period and complete a post-award
- Faculty mentors will be required to submit and evaluate student learning objectives associated with the proposed project.
- It is expected that the faculty mentor will work closely with the student through each component of the proposed project.
- This mentorship will be necessary for the completion of the project as well as the assessment of the student learning objectives.