Graduate Student Research Support Grants
Due to COVID-19, travel restrictions, and national events funding can be restricted at any time even after an award has been approved.
To address Strategic Plan Priority 2.1 Create and Expand Quality Learning Opportunities specifically Objective 2.1.2 – Enhance quality research experiences for undergraduate and graduate students, the Office of Undergraduate Research announces its Graduate Student Research Support Grants (GSRSG) competition to aid in the creation of scholarly and creative works in all disciplines. These grants support the university effort to encourage and support the research, scholarly, and creative endeavors of graduate students in the College of Graduate Students.
- To enable Masters/Ed.D not presently receiving graduate student stipends for research, teaching, or administrative assistanceship to initiate or build research or scholarship that is community engaged, or to develop strategies for incorporating community engagement into existing research and scholarship.
GSRSGs are intended to support:
- research and scholarship with relevance to the Master’s thesis or Ed.S field study;
- additional training or supportive learning experiences that are relevant to research or scholarship.
GSRSGs are not intended to support:
- course development;
- support for undergraduate research;
- supplement to exceed basic nine-month graduate stipend;
- research initiatives for faculty members
- Graduate students are limited to one GSRSG in any two year period.
- Graduate student are limited to no more than one proposal, and one active GSRSG.
- The University expects the applicant to remain a student for a minimum of two (2) consecutive semesters of enrollment during the completion of a funded project, or funds will have to be reimbursed.
Deadline Notification Date (approximate) Distribution to FacMentor
Rolling Approximately two weeks All expenditures must be completed by June 30,2021