Tuition Transparency and Accountability
Pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated Section 49-7-1603, Austin Peay State University’s Board of Trustees is providing notice of the proposed undergraduate tuition and mandatory fee increase as an action item on the Board’s June 4, 2021, agenda.
Proposed tuition and mandatory fee increase for academic year 2021-2022:
- Undergraduate tuition proposed fee increase of 1.5%.
- A 2% increase in mandatory fees.
- The total increase in tuition and mandatory fees is 1.6%.
Revenue derived from the tuition increase will be used primarily for the University's portion of the Governor's proposed 4% salary pool.
Revenue derived from the mandatory fee increase will be used primarily to cover inflationary expenses.
Austin Peay State University makes every effort to mitigate the effect of the increase on undergraduate tuition:
- Austin Peay’s current undergraduate tuition rate is the second lowest when compared to other public universities in Tennessee
- The proposed 1.6% tuition and mandatory fee increase will be in compliance with the Tennessee Higher Education Commission’s established range for academic year 2021-2022.
The APSU Board of Trustees has adopted the following factors that shall be considered when developing recommendations to increase tuition and mandatory fee increases:
- Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC) binding tuition and mandatory fee increase ranges
- Level of state support
- Total cost of attendance
- Efforts to mitigate the financial effect on students
- Higher Education Price Index (HEPI)
- Other factors deemed appropriate by university administration such as:
- Student demand
- Campus enrollment goals
- Market factors
- Cost factors related to general campus operations, programs of study, or individual courses
Individuals are invited to submit written comments about the proposed increase via the form below or by mail to the Secretary to the Board, P.O. Box 4576, Clarksville, TN 37044. All comments must be received by Tuesday, June 1, 2021.