Welcoming the APSU and Clarksville Community!
Foy Fitness & Recreation Center Members
Pool access is included in your Foy Center membership!
This includes students currently enrolled at the Clarksville campus , APSU faculty/staff, and paid members of the Foy Fitness and Recreation Center.
Student Pool Season Pass
Students who are registered for Fall but are not enrolled in summer classes qualify for our discounted student pool season passes!
- Full Summer $40
- Summer I or II $20.
2019 Pool Season Pass
Pool passes are available for purchase allowing families to access the pool for the entire season for one low cost! In addition to season long access to the APSU Foy Pool, pool season pass holders have access to pool group fitness classes as well as discounted rates for group swim lessons and fitness swimmer camp.
Children under 5 years old are free, 5 and over will need to be included on the membership or pay the Day Pass rate.
*Currently enrolled APSU Students, Faculty/Staff, and Foy Fitness Center Members can purchase Pool Season Passes for their family members at a 20% discount!
(3 - 6 People)
Additional Family Members
Pool Season Passes are prorated for the aquatics season.
We are happy to be open to the general public this summer, no membership required! Purchasing a day pass to the Foy Fitness & Recreation Center grants you access to the entire facility for the calendar day.
- Day Pass - $5
- Children under 5 - FREE
Please note: Group and private swim lesson participants are welcome to swim outside their swim lessons, during our open swim hours, with the purchase of a day or season pass.
Want to have a party or private event at the Foy Pool? We would love to have you! Currently, due to our space and numerous requests, reservation requests need to be submitted 4 weeks in advance to ensure we can staff your event and have pool space to accommodate your group. Please remember that a request does not guarantee your reservation will be accepted. A member of the University Recreation staff will contact you to approve and finalize your reservation once it has been accepted. If you have any questions, please contact us and we would be happy to assist you!Reserve or Rent the Foy Pool
Austin Peay is proud to offer American Red Cross group swim lessons in addition to our widely popular private swim lesson and NEW Fitness Swimmer Camp programs! For more information on all of our lesson programs, please select the swim lesson tab from our menu. To register for group swim lessons, please select the box below.Register for Group Swim Lessons
Team River Runner (TRR) creates an environment of healthy adventure for veterans and their families through paddlesports. The Austin Peay Chapter of TRR is open to APSU and the surrounding community. Should space become limited, priority will be given to veterans, active duty military, and military family members.
To learn more about Team River Runner, visit the national organization's website by clicking here.
2019 info coming soon!
Drop in for a FREE kayak session with TRR. Learn the basics and build on them! Also, come join us for roll clinics and kayak football games.
2019 Info Coming Soon!
Join TRR for a fun-filled family float on the Clarksville Blueway! We will have canoes and kayaks available for families to paddle together.
All swimmers under age 12 must pass a swim test before they can enter water deeper than 4'6" (designated by the blue buoy line) or without adult supervision.
The swim test consists of a 25-yard swim, during which the youth are asked to achieve the following:
- Jump into the pool, submerge fully, return to the surface and immediately begin swimming without pushing off the wall.
- Swim in a horizontal position on top of the water using a forward crawl or breaststroke. The swimmer must maintain one or both strokes for the full 25-yard swim.
- Swimmer must not pause and cannot use the wall of lane line for assistance.
Swimmers who do not pass the swim test must remain in the shallow end of the pool. Very young or inexperienced swimmers must remain within arms reach of an adult in the water if they are not wearing a Coast Guard approved personal floatation device.
*Coast Guard approved personal life vests are available for patron use. Please ask facility staff for assistance in fitting children.
Please review all rules when entering the pool area, but most importantly, listen to the lifeguards at all times. Some of the most important rules to know ahead of time are:
- Proper swim attire is required. No street clothes, cut offs, denim shorts, socks, or thong bathing suits are permitted.
- Please shower before entering the pool water.
- Food and drink is allowed on the pool deck, but NO GLASS is permitted in the pool area at all.
- No running, shoving, horseplay, chicken fights, or inappropriate behavior.
- NO DIVING!
- An adult must accompany children under 16 and supervise them in the pool area. Parents may supervise children from the deck as long as they have passed a swim test or remain in the shallow area. Children requiring floatation devices must be within arms reach of an adult in the pool unless they are wearing a coast guard approved floatation device.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- The pool will be cleared in cases of bad weather and only opened again at lifeguard discretion.
Everyone should be able to participate in physical and recreation activities. This is accomplished through modifications in traditional sports, programs, and fitness training that allow participants and athletes to train and play alongside their non-disabled peers.
Our goal in introducing an Adaptive Recreation program is to raise awareness and provide opportunities for those of specialized populations to be physically active regardless of disability.
Our aquatics programs incorporate:
- Specialized adapted swim lessons in the summer
- An underwater treadmill is available for use during the pool season for a low impact cardio option.
- Aqua Step water fitness class is offered in the summer for a low impact option
- Team River Runner program designed for APSU and Clarksville community veterans, active duty military, and military family members with or without adaptive needs.
The Foy Fitness & Recreation Center Pool, made possible through the generous support of John Foy (APSU alumnus, class of 1964), opened May 12, 2008, and was formally dedicated in a special ceremony on Aug. 26. This outdoor pool is an exciting addition to campus recreation facilities is open seasonally, weather dependent. With the heating system, we are typically open mid April through early October. There are lanes for lap swimming, rope dividing shallow and deep ends of the pool, and the pool depth ranges 3-6 feet so diving is prohibited.