With the ever-changing landscape of fitness, exercise and weight loss information, it is a workout just trying to sort through it all. Instead, ditch the powders, pills and far-fetched promises for what really works. Our trainers will work with you to create a comprehensive, personalized program to help you reach your fitness and wellness goals. They will help motivate you with knowledge and skills, providing fun, effective and safe activities to keep you interested and engaged. With their guidance, you will be on a sound path to improve your overall health and quality of life, not just for now, but for your future as well.
Each training plan will provide:
- benefits and principles of exercise
- proper biomechanics
- appropriate intensity guidelines
- choices of the right activities for you
- practical application of movement
- ability to relate activity to total well-being
Are you struggling to reach your fitness goals? Confused by all the different information out there? Stressing to find time to meet with a trainer? Or just need help finding a starting point?
Then look no further than our Workouts on the Go! Take the stress out of your personal fitness. Our personal trainers will meet with you directly (in person or online) to discuss fitness goals and steps you can take to start accomplishing those goals. Your trainers will then perform a quick and easy fitness assessment. And based on your personal fitness goals and the results of your fitness assessment our staff will develop a personalized exercise program to help you crush your goals! All plans below are 4 weeks long.
- Students: $30
- Members (Fac/Staff/Affiliates): $35
- Students: $40
- Members (Fac/Staff/Affiliates): $45
- Students: $50
- Members (Fac/Staff/Affiliates): $55
The two biggest excuses for not exercising are TIME and AFFORDABILITY. Our 30-Minute sessions take both of those out of the equation! After a quick and easy fitness assessment performed by our personal trainers, you will experience just how well 30-Minute sessions can be for your fitness goals. Trainers will provide a fun, energetic, focused workout all in 30-minutes or less.
|30 Minute Sessions||Students||Members|
Meet with your trainer one-on-one, starting with a clear goal-setting meeting and fitness assessment to determine current fitness levels. Using that information our personal trainers will develop an individualized fitness program with your goals and needs in mind. Get the one-on-one fitness attention you’ve been looking for!
|60 Minute Sessions||Students||Members|
"Strive for progress, not perfection. You may never be perfect, but you can always be better."
Info coming soon!
B.S. in Health and Human Performance, Specialized in Health and Wellness Promotion
AFAA (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America) Personal Trainer
Hello APSU, I have 20+ years of personal training and gym experience and education. My goal as a trainer is to help others improve their lives through healthy living. I'm here for anyone and everyone, from beginners to those with extensive fitness experience.
Favorite Exercise - Pull Ups
Least Favorite Exercise - Lateral Bosu Lunge
Fun Fact / Inspiration - "True health is achieved over the long term. Hard work and dedication is the key to being successful in all areas of life especially when it comes to health and wellness."
"All things in moderation with the exception of physical activity."
B.S. Health and Human Performance: Human Movement
Minor in Psychology, 2020
ACE (American Council on Exercise) Personal Trainer, 2019
Available Monday through Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
Listed availability reflects general times when Personal Trainers are available. It does not reflect current client appointments and is subject to change.
During my first two years of college, I became interested in bodybuilding. I worked with a variety of local bodybuilders and even got to meet popular athletes among the likes of Jeff Nippard, Kai Green, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. My junior year I made the official switch to Health and Human Performance and began studying the components of fitness, wellness, and mental health. Currently, I am about to graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Health and Human Performance, with a minor is Psychology. I plan on obtaining a Master in Sport and Performance Psychology by 2022 in Denver, Colorado to become a Certified Mental Performance Consultant. If there is any opportunity, I would love to work as a Mental Performance Consultant for a professional sports team.
Professionally, I have worked at multiple wellness facilities. I have had the pleasure of working as a Wellness Coach, Aquatics Coordinator, Personal Trainer, and as an intern for a NCAA Division I Football Team. My biggest hobby outside of work is gaming. Originally a casual gamer, I have recently moved into the eSports scene as the competitive nature has not only increased by intensity, but by the number of players getting involved.
Tactical Fitness: Military & First Responders
Favorite Exercise - Hollow Hold
Least Favorite Exercise - Iso-Lateral Dumbbell RDL
Fun Fact / Inspiration - I can make you stronger, but not indestructible. However, you will be harder to kill.
Picture coming soon!
B.S Applied Exercise Science Degree, 2017
ACSM Personal Trainer Certification, since 2016
M & W: 1:30-5:30 pm
T,TH & FR: 12:30-5:30 pm
I have been involved with fitness for the majority of my life whether through training at the gym or playing a sport of some sort. As a personal trainer not only do I make it my goal to help others physically, but instill confidence and inspiration into everyone that comes to me for help.
H.I.I.T weight loss
Small and large group training
1. Complete a Personal Training Request form below, or in person at the Foy Center.
2. Once the completed Personal Training Request form is turned in, Fitness Staff, will contact you within 1-2 business days.
- If physician's clearance is required, Fitness Staff will contact client to obtain clearance.
- Personal Trainers will contact clients directly to schedule sessions.
3. Payment must be completed at the Foy Fitness & Recreation Center prior to your first session with a Personal Trainer.
- Accepted forms of payment include cash, check, credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
Personal Training Request
- Only University Recreation Personal Trainers are permitted to train clients at the Foy Fitness & Recreation Center.
- University Recreation patron status and forms must be kept current.
- Payments are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Cancellations made with less than 24-hour notice will result in one-half session charge.
- No shows will result in a charge of one full session.
- Sessions expire one year from purchase date.
- All other University Recreation policies and procedures are valid and will be enforced.