APSU’s vision is to create a collaborative, integrative learning community, instilling in students habits of critical inquiry as they gain knowledge, skills and values for life and work in a global society.
Austin Peay State University is a comprehensive university committed to raising the
educational attainment of the citizenry, developing programs and services that address
regional needs and providing collaborative opportunities that connect university expertise
with private and public resources. Collectively, these endeavors contribute significantly
to the intellectual, economic, social, physical and cultural development of the region.
APSU prepares students to
be engaged and productive citizens, while recognizing that society and the marketplace require global awareness and continuous learning. is mission will be accomplished by:
• Offering undergraduate, graduate and student support programs designed to promote
critical thinking, communication skills, creativity and leadership;
• Expanding access opportunities and services to traditional and nontraditional students, including the use of multiple delivery systems, flexible scheduling and satellite locations;
• Promoting equal access, diversity, an appreciation of all cultures and respect for all persons;
• Serving the military community
at Fort Campbell through complete academic programs;
• Providing academic services
that support student persistence
• Fostering a positive campus environment that encourages active participation in university life; and
• Developing programs (credit and noncredit), conducting research and providing services that contribute significantly to the quality of life, learning and workforce development needs of the region.