Please read ALL test information below before registering online. Thank you.
Clarksville Campus Test Site: 331 Drane Street, Ellington Building, Room 207
Fort Campbell Test Site: Bastogne Avenue, Austin Peay Education Building, Room 102
NextGen ACCUPLACER is a computerized assessment that provides important information about individual skills and preparation for college-level courses. It is an untimed, adaptive computer-based test that measures skills in reading comprehension (20 questions), sentence skills (25 questions), and QAS (Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics -- 20 questions). To see a complete list of all topics covered on each test, please go to https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/educator/next-generation. Sample questions as well as a FREE STUDY APP are available at the following website: ACCUPLACER Practice
Those required to complete the ACCUPLACER Assessment:
- Prospective students 21 and older who are applying to Austin Peay who cannot provide ACT/SAT scores taken within five years of the first day of their first term of enrollment must complete the entire ACCUPLACER assessment before being admitted.
- International students without ACT/SAT scores must complete the entire ACCUPLACER assessment.
- Transfer students 21 and older who have earned fewer than 12 hours of transferable college credit from a regionally accredited college or university and who cannot provide ACT/SAT scores taken within five years of the first day of the first term of enrollment at APSU must complete the entire ACCUPLACER assessment.
- Transfer students with 12 or more hours who are unable to document reading proficiency and transferable college-level English and mathematics courses from a regionally accredited college or university must complete appropriate ACCUPLACER assessments.
Please pay close attention to the following important information:
- Only students who have submitted an application to the APSU Office of Admissions and received an APSU ID number will be allowed to take the ACCUPLACER assessment for APSU. Students testing for other universities must have a voucher created by their home institution in order to register for testing at the APSU Testing Center.
- You must bring a photo ID and APSU I.D. number in order to test. No one will be admitted to the testing lab without the above identification, such as a driver’s license, military ID card or school ID card.
- An pop-up calculator is available for use during the mathematics test when a question requires the use of a calculator. PERSONAL CALCULATORS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- Allow approximately two hours to complete the entire assessment. It is untimed but on average most testers use about two hours to complete the exam.
- Seating availability is limited. An appointment is required. Please click here to register for an appointment.
- ACCUPLACER scores are used for placement in English and mathematics and to document reading proficiency. Admitted students whose scores document insufficient preparation for college-level courses will enroll in enhanced (E) sections of English, mathematics and/or reading intense courses.
- ACCUPLACER scores are valid for five years at Austin Peay.
Students required to take ACCUPLACER for admission to the University will not be charged a testing fee the first time they test for admission purposes if they test on Clarksville Main Campus or Fort Campbell Campus. Students eligible to take an ACCUPLACER retest or placement test challenge will be charged a $10 fee at the time of their scheduled appointment.
Students who would like to take the ACCUPLACER assessment for a school or institution other than Austin Peay are required to pay a $20 fee at the time of their scheduled appointment.
ACCUPLACER Retest / Placement Challenge
Some students may be eligible to take the ACCUPLACER to challenge placement in a learning support, or 'enhanced' course. Once you are admitted to the University you will only be able to challenge your placement in an 'enhanced course' one time. PLEASE NOTE: If your initial placement in an enhanced course was determined from a college transcript and not a placement test such as ACT, SAT or Accuplacer, you are ineligible to challenge the placement. Also, any student who has previously attempted the enhanced course or is enrolled in an enhanced course that is in progress is no longer eligible to challenge the placement in the course.
If your placements were determined from your high school coursework/GPA under the COVID-19 alternate admission requirements, you are eligible to challenge your placements one time. Please contact the Testing Center at (931) 221-6269 if you have questions. If you are eligible, please register for the exam online using the link at the top of the page. See Fee Information above.
Test Dates / Times
Please click on the Test Schedule link at the left of the testing home page to view the current schedule of test dates and times. Please Note: Seating availability is limited, so examinees should schedule in advance.
Evening ACCUPLACER Testing on Main Campus:
Once a month, the Testing Center will administer an evening session of the ACCUPLACER assessment at the Clarksville Campus Testing Center. Evening sessions will start promptly at 5:30 pm and end by 8:00 pm. Evening sessions will only be held on the evening dates listed on the Testing Schedule. To access the Ellington Building, examinees must enter through the front center door that faces Drane Street. The doors to the Ellington Building will lock after normal business hours, so it is critical that examinees arrive on time. If an examinee is late and the doors are locked, the examinee must reschedule. Due to Business Office hours, fee-based tests, including ACT challenges and ACCUPLACER retests, must be paid in cash with exact change. To schedule an appointment for an evening session, examinees must sign up online by clicking the registration link at the top of this screen.
During peak times on the Clarksville Campus, parking availability in the area around the Ellington Building can be limited. Visitors are required by campus police to have parking decals. Decals can be picked up the day of testing in the Ellington Building Lobby as you enter the main entrance. If you are unfamiliar with campus, please click on the following link to access a Campus Map. If you are attending an evening test (arriving after 4:30 pm) you may park anywhere on campus without a parking pass, except for designated handicap spaces.
Fort Campbell Visitor Passes
Visitor passes must be obtained from the Fort Campbell Vistor Center located just outside Gate 4 off Fort Campbell Boulevard. Please make sure you have all appropriate documentation with you that is required to obtain a pass: a valid driver's license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance.
If you require accommodations for your Accuplacer test, please contact APSU Disability Services at 931-221-6230 at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled test date.
Please dress in layers so that you can adjust to any room temperature.
Food and drink are not allowed in the Testing Center.
Visitors are not permitted in the testing room while testing is in progress.
Children are not allowed in the testing room at any time.