"Recent events have shone a spotlight on the experiences and troubles of rural America, refocusing our attention on the realities and significant challenges that face these communities. And yet the issues confronting rural schools have rarely made it to the table in discussions about education" (Center for Public Education, 2018).
The Center will seek opportunities for APSU to take a leading role in contributing to the limited body of knowledge regarding rural education. As relationships are developed with rural districts, data and information sharing offers beneficial outcomes for researchers and districts
- Tennessee Department of Education
- National Rural Education Association
- Department of Education Rural Education Resource Center
- National Center for Research on Rural Education - University of Nebraska
- Center for Research on Rural Education - Montana State University