Go back

Frequently Asked Questions

We know you will have questions about dual enrollment, forms, procedures, etc. We have created this list of FAQs which answers the most common questions; however, we are always available to help so please contact us if you need any assistance: (931) 221-7175 or govnow@apsu.edu


Dual enrollment allows you to enroll in college courses and receive BOTH high school and college credit for that course. With joint enrollment you receive ONLY college credit for the course. Throughout this website, we will use term "dual enrollment" to refer to both.

 APSU has no limits on the number of classes you can take – but the dual enrollment grant will only apply to two courses per semester and up to four per academic year. You'll need to submit an overload request form in some cases.


Yes, but online classes might not be your first choice. Ask yourself these important questions before you enroll in an online class:

  • Am I disciplined enough to check my classes frequently throughout the semester (at least three times a week)?
  • Can I work independently?
  • Do I have access to a high speed Internet connection?

 Yes. However, the Austin Peay Center @ Fort Campbell operates on a different academic calendar, so be sure to check that those classes still fit into your high school schedule. To get more information about the Center, go to https://www.apsu.edu/apfc/ or contact the Dual Enrollment office.


Talk to your guidance counselor and/or reach out to our office.

 The CMCSS Middle College at APSU is different from the dual enrollment program at APSU in that the students take both college classes and high school classes on the APSU campus. Admissions to the Middle College at APSU is by application only and is limited to students who are currently attending a CMCSS high school. More information is found at the Clarksville Montgomery County School System website, including contact information.


The application fee for dual or joint enrollment is waived. If you later apply for admission to APSU as a freshman, you will be required to pay an application fee at that time.


CRN stands for Course Registration Number.

This is a number in the registration system that specifically identifies the particular section of a course for which you wish to register. CRNs for online/on campus courses can be found in the class schedule at AP Web Self Service > Student > Registration > Look Up Classes.

CRNs for dual enrollment classes held at a high school or district collaborative location will not appear in the course schedule to prevent other students from registering in that class; APSU representatives will provide the CRN for those cases.

 If the class for which you want to register shows as full, you may contact the instructor to see about getting permission to register. He/she will need to submit an override form to allow you into the class if there are additional spaces available. You may wish to contact the Dual Enrollment Office, they will assist you with contacting the instructor.


Students living in the Kentucky counties of Allen, Calloway, Christian, Logan, Todd or Trigg are not charged out-of-state tuition. If you are not within an easy driving distance to APSU for campus classes, you have the option to take online classes for dual credit.

If you are a non-citizen from outside the United States, you will be required to pay the out-of-state rate.


A military discount is available only if you take classes at the APSU Center @ Fort Campbell (level 1000 through 2000 courses only). The dual enrollment tuition rate is actually a better value and is not restricted to 1000 and 2000 level courses.

Please note, when filling out your application for admission, you must complete both sections 15 (residency) and 22 (active duty/veterans/family members) of the application in order for your account to be coded correctly and the discount applied.

 You are responsible for your own transportation to and from class. When you schedule your dual enrollment class, make sure to account for the time required to be at class on time, including time to locate a parking place and walk to class.

 A parking decal is required when you attend class on APSU's main campus. The cost of the decal is included in your campus fees (which are waived for dual enrollment students); instructions on obtaining a decal and other information can be found at https://www.apsu.edu/police/parking. 

To see designated parking locations, go to https://www.apsu.edu/map for an interactive campus map and a printable parking map.

It is important that you understand what happens to your college record and financial aid during the different withdraw periods. Depending on when you drop a class, you could face several different scenarios not limited to owing money out-of-pocket for tuition that the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant will not cover, or you could be in the mandatory F period. The withdraw calendar is sent to students via e-mail at the beginning of each Fall and Spring semester. The dates are posted on the main APSU website here. Please contact the Office of Dual Enrollment if you plan to drop a class so that we can help you understand your options.


Return to the main Gov Now page