Graduate Admission Requirements
Requirements for Admission:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Official GRE scores of at least a 140 on verbal, 140 on quantitative, and a 2.5 writing score
Applying for Admission:
Submit the following to the College of Graduate Studies:
- Application fee: $45 domestic; $50 international
- Application for admission (apply)
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Official GRE scores
- Military documents (if applicable)
Students who are pursuing one of our graduate assistant positions will have to earn a 140 on both the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE, and a 2.5 analytical writing score. They must also show an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 from a regionally accredited college or university (out of a 4.0 scale).
Prospective international students must submit applications and complete certified copies of official transcripts, certificates, diplomas and degrees translated to English well in advance of the semester for which they seek admission. Transfer students from foreign institutions must provide a copy of a course-by-course equivalency review performed by an educational credentials agency. The College of Graduate Studies handles application procedures for all international students.
An international student also is required to submit proof of proficiency in the English language. A paper-based score of 500 or a computer-based score of 173 on the TOEFL Examination is required of applicants whose native language is not English. All international students must provide evidence of financial resources sufficient to pay their educational expenses.
Health and Human Performance Graduate Coordinator Information:
Dr. Tim Leszczak
Austin Peay State University
P.O. Box 4445
Clarksville, TN 37044
Phone: (931) 221-6112