Save Our Students (S.O.S.) Food Pantry
Hours of Operation: Summer Hours Tuesdays & Fridays: 9 AM - 4 PM
Students may use the food pantry once a week if needed
ANNOUNCEMENT: The pantry has returned to in person use. Online order forms are no longer in use. Please come visit us at 322 Home Avenue!
The S.O.S. Food Pantry supports Austin Peay State University's students through troubling times by helping fight hunger. The campus community supports and supplies the food pantry through donations. Students who find themselves in need can stop by 322 Home Avenue (the Center for Service-Learning & Community Engagement) during hours of operation. Students will need their APSU student identification card to receive food.
S.O.S. Mission Statement
The mission of the S.O.S. Food Pantry is to assist and provide supplemental food to those in need at Austin Peay State University. We are here to support who have been impacted by financial problems as a result of unemployment (lay-offs and downsizing), divorce, disability, health, domestic violence, homelessness, disaster, and/or rising cost of living. We gather, store, and distribute goods to those who find themselves in time of special need and crisis. Our mission is based on a compassionate hand out and hand up as we respect the dignity of each person we serve.
- Volunteer shifts: Tuesday-Friday, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tasks include: filling online pantry orders, organizing/cleaning pantry and thrift store, feeding chickens, watering/weeding garden beds, harvesting fruits and vegetables
- Please wear appropriate attire if gardening (gloves and tools will be provided)
- Email email@example.com with questions or concerns
The Govs Give Back Fund was established to help ensure that Austin Peay State University students, faculty and staff have access to the support and resources they need to successfully recover from unexpected financial crises. The fund is made possible by generous donors committed to helping students, faculty and staff in need. Students, faculty or staff who are facing unexpected financial hardship due to non-routine auto expenses, medical expenses, childcare expenses, disability expenses, and computer problems may apply for support funding through the SOS Food Pantry.
- Applicant must provide a bill, invoice, or quote showing the amount needed
- After applying, the applicant will be contacted to meet with the Director of the Center for Service - Learning & Community Engagement to determine best methods for assistance
- The applicant is highly encouraged, but not required, to volunteer with the food pantry after receiving support funds
- The applicant will be requested to email a copy of the receipt from the paid bill to the Director
- Money is limited
- Funds cannot be used for tuition or money owed to the University
- If a student isn’t enrolled currently they are NOT eligible
- If a student owes money to the university (unless it’s for lab costs associated with the Health Center) they are NOT eligible
- If a student (or their family) is on a payment plan with the university they ARE eligible (as long as they are making their payments)
- If the HOLD is a Business Office hold, they are NOT eligible