Admission for Transfer Students
Welcome to Austin Peay! This information applies to you if you have attempted 12 or more college credit-hours and are not a veteran/member of the armed forces. If you have attempted fewer than 12 college credit-hours, please visit our Freshman Admission website. If you are a veteran or member of the armed services, please visit our Military/Veterans Admission page.
APSU Transfer Center
We know transferring from one college to another can be stressful. To help ease your transition, we offer special transfer student services through our Transfer Center. Please contact the Transfer Center (931) 221-7280 or (800) 844-APSU with any questions or concerns.
Ask your previous high school or GED or HiSET test center staff person to send copies of your transcripts/GED or HiSET scores directly to the APSU Office of Admissions.
- Ask your previous college(s) staff person to send copies of your transcripts directly to the APSU Office of Admissions
If you graduated from high school or earned a GED before 1989, we do not need your high school transcript or GED scores.
Take the placement assessment test if you cannot submit valid ACT or SAT scores AND have not earned credits for college-level English composition and/or college-level math and/or history or political science. Contact APSU's Testing Center for information on the placement test.
Submit a certificate of immunization form. You'll need to complete this form and have it signed by a certified healthcare provider. Click here to print the form. Active duty military, veterans, national guard and reservists are exempt.
- All required information must be received prior to admission, evaluation of transfer credit and registration. Application deadlines can be found here.
Admission requirements can be found here.
The Office of Admissions awards the following scholarships for our transfer students:
The Austin Peay Promise - This award is given to incoming transfer students who graduate from a Tennessee Board of Regents community college (or Hopkinsville Community College) with an associates degree and the requisite GPA.
Transfer Dean's - This award is given to incoming transfer students who are transferring from a non-Tennessee Board of Regents community college (or Hopkinsville), and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5. This award is based on limited funds.
- General Austin Peay scholarship application
Your college credits are important to us at Austin Peay. We want to make sure that you receive all of the credit for the classes that you have taken. If you are transferring from a non-Tennessee Board of Regents college, you can see what students have transferred from your school in the past here.
If you are transferring from a Tennessee Board fo Regents community college (or Hopkinsville Community College), you can see transfer equivalencies below:
- Chattanooga State Community College
- Cleveland State Community College
- Columbia State Community College
- Dyersburg State Community College
- Hopkinsville Community College
- Jackson State Community College
- Motlow State Community College
- Nashville State Community College
- Pellissippi State Community College
- Roane State Community College
- Southwest Tennessee Community College
- Volunteer State Community College
- Walters State Community College
The Tennessee Transfer Pathway guides you through the courses you need to help maximize your credit transfer while preparing you to transfer seamlessly to a four-year institution offering the junior/senior level courses. Find out more information here.