Austin Peay State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, education specialist, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Austin Peay State University. The Commission is to be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support an institution's significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard.
Regional accreditation provides support of essential University
- Access to federal financial aid, grants and other federal support
- Ability for students to transfer credit hours to other institutions of higher education, if the credits are appropriate to the designated curriculum and meet the receiving institution’s requirements
- Recognition of the earned bachelor’s degree when applying to graduate schools
- Can assist students in meeting one of the eligibility requirements, of a relevant bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, in order for the student to sit for professional licensure exams
- Demonstration of institutional effectiveness
Austin Peay has numerous programs accredited through special program accreditation agencies. These accreditations are earned after rigorous evaluation and proof of excellence within of the field of study and degree level. These program accrediting agencies are on the Tennessee Higher Education Commission’s list of approved accreditors.