DUE to COVID-19, We currently have reduced office hours and staff are working from remote locations. If you are unable to reach us in the office, please know that we are still here to assist you. We are returning phone messages regularly. If you need a faster response, please email our staff directly or send a message to email@example.com and someone will get with you as quickly as possible. Thank your understanding.
Spring 2020 Orientation Schedule
Tuesday's and Thursday's 6PM-9PM / Saturday's 9AM-3PM
Thursday's, 6PM-9PM / Saturday's 9AM-3PM
Mondays & Wednesdays
Modules begin on Tuesday of each week
Locations & dates subject to change. Please check often for specific meeting dates and times.
click the link blow to register for orientation
To print Summer and Fall 2019-2020 Orientation Schedules click below
- Family Child Care Orientation is designed for early childhood professionals working with children in a family or group home.
- Infant/Toddler Orientation is designed for early childhood professionals working with children ages birth to two years in child care centers.
- Center-Based Orientation is designed for early childhood professionals working with children ages three to five in child care centers.
- Administrator Orientation is designed for directors, assistant directors, owners, program coordinators and other administrative staff.
- School Age Orientation is designed for early childhood professionals working with school-aged children in child care centers.
- ACES Orientation (Building Strong Brains) is open to childcare providers who have *previously completed a TECTA orientation and/or successfully completed 2+ hours academic coursework. In this advanced orientation you will learn about Adverse Childhood Experiences and their relationship to brain development, toxic stress, and physical/mental health.
Orientation Enrollment Guidelines:
- With the exception of online orientations, each scheduled orientation will have a limit of 35 applicants enrolled. Per orientation, all Orientation Enrollment Request forms will be placed in numerical order based upon the date of receipt. All other applicants will be placed on a waiting list, and will be contacted if a space becomes available.
- All orientation participants must complete, sign and fax/mail their own TECTA Enrollment Request form. No more than three applicants from one agency can participate in an orientation.
- Registration Deadline: Orientation Enrollment Request forms must be received by the TECTA at APSU office at least two weeks prior to the first module. Registration dates will be posted with the orientation schedule. All applicants will be sent a confirmation via email no later than 1 business day after the registration deadline.
- Student Confirmation Deadline: Students must call the TECTA at APSU office to confirm their attendance no later than one week prior to the first module. Confirmation dates will be posted with the orientation schedule. All applicants must call the TECTA at APSU office at 931-221-7585 to confirm attendance by the confirmation deadline. Not confirming your attendance will result in your spot being given to another student.
- All applicants must adhere to the registration and confirmation deadlines.
- All applicants may take only one orientation at a time.
- There is no charge for TECTA Orientation training. Orientation is provided through a grant from the Tennessee Department of Human Services.
- You must attend all modules (30 hours) to receive a TECTA Certificate.
- For optimal learning, it is recommended that students enroll in the orientation most specific to the age-group in which they serve.
- You may mail, fax,or e-mail an OER for each participant . Office Fax: (931) 221-6453, Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limit 3 employees per childcare center.
- Questions?? Contact the TECTA Office at (931) 221-7585 or email email@example.com