Your application is the first step to enrollment.
You must be admitted before you can register and attend class.
Please use our checklist for first-time applicants to ensure you submit all required documents.
1. Submit your online Application for Admission
- Select Undergraduate Non-Degree Seeking, then Dual Enrollment Applicant
- Be sure to include your Social Security Number (SSN) when prompted. Although it is not a required field in the application, it will result in a hold
on your account that prevents registration if not entered.
- If you do not have your SSN when you complete your application, please call Tabitha Addison at 931-221-7680 once you receive your student ID number and provide her with your SSN.
- If needed, please refer to this Application Tutorial
2. Check your email!
- Several days after completing your online admission application you will receive an
email that includes:
- Your A number (begins with A00)
- Your username (the first part of your email address before @my.apsu.edu)
- High School Recommendation Form
- Let your school counselor know to complete this form.
- Your counselor will also send your transcript and test scores to us.
- We will need an in-progress transcript for your initial admission and a transcript with your final grades once the high school term is complete.
- Parent Acknowledgement Form
- Let your parent know to complete this form.
3. We will be in touch!
Continue to monitor your email. Once all of your documents are processed by the Office of Admissions and you are officially admitted, we will notify you that you are able to register for classes.
Students who have taken a dual enrollment course with APSU in the past do not need to reapply if they maintain an APSU GPA of 2.75 or higher. However, they do need to submit the Returning Student Form by these deadlines each semester so that they can be cleared for registration.
Spring Semester Classes
Summer/Fall Semester Classes
At your high school
At your high school
- If your APSU cumulative GPA falls below 2.75, you must reapply for dual enrollment
- Your counselor will need to complete the High School Recommendation Form and send an updated high school transcript and test scores showing that you still meet dual enrollment admission criteria (3.0 high school GPA or 21 composite ACT).
2. Vaccination Records
A copy of your vaccination record is required in some cases; please refer to the table below to determine the requirements for your situation. If you do not have a vaccination record, please use this Certificate of Immunization form.
|Student Type||Vaccination Record Required?|
|My classes are at my high school.||NO|
|My classes are online.||NO|
|I am taking only one class on campus.||NO|
|I am taking 6 or more credit hours in a semester on campus.||YES|
|I am a homeschool student.||YES|
Additional information about immunization requirements can be found at http://www.apsu.edu/healthservices/mmr.
3. Accommodations—Office of Disability Services
- If you require accommodations and are enrolling in a course that is not taught by your high school instructor, please visit https://www.apsu.edu/disability/accommodations.php and submit an accommodation application.
4. Release of Information
If your parents wish to call APSU to discuss your account, you will need to be present or submit this release of information form: FERPA.
For more information about Dual Enrollment at APSU, contact:
- APSU Dual Enrollment