Your application is the first step to enrollment.
You must be admitted before you can register and attend class.
Please use our checklists to ensure you submit all required documents.
NEW students: checklist for first-time applicants.
NEW Fort Campbell High School applicants only: checklist.
RETURNING students: checklist for returning students.
Links to each of the checklist items (and helpful notes) are provided below.
- New students ONLY: returning students do not submit this form.
- Save the Login ID and PIN you created for future use (the Login ID is case sensitive).
- Select "Joint, Dual, Early NEW" as your application type (this waives the application fee).
- When you are asked to select a major, choose "Undecided" or "UND". (For a concentration, simply choose an area that is the best fit for you.)
- Providing your social security number allows the business office to submit your 1098 form at the end of the year.
4. Official high school transcript. A final transcript for the term(s) completed prior to your enrollment. For example, fall semester applicants will be required to submit a transcript inclusive of the prior academic year. Spring applicants, should submit a transcript through the end of the previous fall semester.
5. Official ACT or SAT scores - (first-time applicants only) student reports are not accepted. Recommended deadlines for testing are found near the bottom of this page. You may also submit additional reports with higher scores in subsequent semesters.
Don't stop now - this takes care of your admission documents, but there are a few more required items...
The following financial (DEG) and medical forms are required before you may register for class or receive grant and scholarship funding. Deadlines are important and noted at the bottom of this page.
1. Apply online for the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant (DEG)
- Click here for a tutorial on creating your account and submitting your applicaiton.
- See the "Apply for Financial Aid" section for more information.
- Apply each semester. We recommend you submit applications for fall, spring and summer all at the same time if you prefer.
2. If you are eligible for a tuition discount, submit that form to the Dual Enrollment office for each semester of enrollment.
- Fall Semesters: submit no earlier than June 1, and no later than when you register for class.
- Spring and Summer Semesters: submit when you register for class.
3. Vaccination Records
A copy of your vaccination record is required in some cases; please refer to the table below to determine the requirements for your situation. If you do not have a vaccination record, please use this Certificate of Immunization form. Submit to the Dual Enrollment office with your other documents.
|Student Type||Vaccination Record Required?|
|My class is at my high school.||NO|
|My class is online.||NO|
|I am taking only one class on campus.||NO|
|I am taking 6 or more credit hours in a semester.||YES|
|I am a homeschool student.||YES|
Additional information about immunization requirements can be found at http://www.apsu.edu/healthservices/mmr.
6. FERPA form
This allows APSU staff to discuss matters with your parent/guardian on your behalf. You must complete and submit this form along with a copy of your photo ID (driver's license). For some of you, contacting APSU offices during business hours is not practical, and things such as resetting passwords, etc. cannot be handled by your parent unless this form is on file. You will provide the 4-digit PIN number where requested, and you only submit this form one time.
- A copy of your photo ID is required if the FERPA form is not submitted via your high school counselor.
- The form must be completed in all sections; the 4-digit PIN is for you to create (it is not generated by APSU).
All paper forms must be submitted to the APSU Dual Enrollment Office; we will verify all documents. In some cases, you will submit forms to your high school counselor, who will forward them to Austin Peay. After review, we will see that they are directed to the appropriate department for timely processing. Please email all paper forms and documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most forms must be submitted for each semester you are dual enrolled.
|Application Deadlines||All APSU Forms||Testing||TN Dual Lottery Grant|
|Fall Semester||April 15||June 30||August 15|
|Spring Semester||November 15||November 15||January 15|
|Summer Sessions||April 15||April 15||May 15|
After you are admitted, your course selection will be reviewed for advising before
you are cleared to register.
Use the Advising and Registration form to notify us of your course selection.
Register early and watch registration deadlines to avoid late fees.
Several resources for making your course selection, including a list of recommended general education core courses, are found on our Courses & Registration page.
For more information about Dual Enrollment at APSU, contact:
- APSU Dual Enrollment