How to Apply
For APSU students to participate in TRIO SSS, one or more of the following requirements must be met (based on the legislative requirements of the U.S. Department of Education):
- Neither parent has earned a four-year college degree, and/or
- Family income meets published federal guidelines, or PELL Grant eligible/recipient, and/or
- Referral by the Office of Disability Services.
APSU students must be enrolled full-time with the intention of graduating with their bachelor's degree, demonstrate an academic need for support services as determined by program criterion, and show potential to benefit from the services. It is possible students will be placed on a waiting list for services, due to limited enrollment.
Complete the following steps to apply by emailing all forms and applications:
- Download the TRiO SSS Application. Complete the application and and send it back to our main office.
- Provide a copy of family's federal income return for the last calendar year, or a
copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Office of Financial Aid.
- If no return was filed, provide income verification from one of the Government sources listed: SS/SSI Benefits Statement, AFDC/ADC, VA Benefits, Workmen's Compensation, Proof of Child Support, Unemployment Benefits, or Other Government Benefits.
- Provide a copy of your Award History.