The on-campus Writing Center at Austin Peay State University fosters a collaborative environment where consultants and students come together to work on writing—from brainstorming, to outlining, to drafting, and revision. Regardless of the assignment, Writing Center consultants are trained to work with students at all stages of the writing process, emphasizing individual learning and accountability, and assisting students as they develop as writers. This free resource is available to all APSU students.
Summer 2020 Tutoring
The Writing Center will be closed on-ground and online for Summer 2020 to plan for the fall semester. We will use this time to prepare and implement necessary precautions to preserve the safety and health of all students. In the meantime, you may submit any paper to Tutor.com for online assistance. We've included instructions below. Thank you for your patience.
Fall and Spring Hours
Please note, our fall and spring hours are subject to change due to COVID-19. At this time, our hours reflect when students may schedule to meet with a tutor via Zoom.
Online Assistance (Fall and Spring)
As of January 21, 2020, we no longer use our email (email@example.com) to handle online papers. Instead, we use the TurnItIn system through D2L. To use this service, you must register for the "Writing Center Paper Submission" course in D2L. You will then have access to submit your paper to us through the course page. Instructions are attached below.
Our goal is to provide you with a response within 24 hours; however, we are busier during mid-terms and finals week. When submitting papers online, be sure to give yourself enough time to have it returned to you, to make the necessary corrections, and to submit it to your professor on time. If you have multiple papers you want to submit, please send each as a separate submission to avoid confusion.
- Offers assistance in writing all sorts of papers, regardless of subject or type of course.
- Helps with formatting in different writing styles, i.e., MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian, ASA, etc.
- Reviews written papers and provides guidance for correcting errors in grammar, structure, vocabulary, formatting, documenting, and other issues related to academic writing.
- Recommends strategies for writing improvement and/or correction. (Note: Tutors do
edit, or revise students’ papers.)
- Please note: The Writing Center's objective is to help students learn to write better, not guarantee an A on your paper. In order to achieve this objective, tutors will focus on two or three types of mistakes on any given visit, rather than trying to help students "fix the paper."