Teacher Preparation Programs
Successful completion of these programs leads to teacher licensure.
You can earn licensure to teach Pre-K through Grade 3 by following:
You can earn licensure to teach Grades K-5 by following:
You can earn licensure to teach Grades 6-8 by following:
- 6-8 if you are an undergraduate student or
- 6-8 if you are an MAT student.
To become licensed to teach high school, you will major in the subject are in which you want to teach, and you will minor in Professional Education. We offer licensure programs in the following content areas:
- 6-12 Biology Licensure Program
- 6-12 Chemistry Licensure Program
- 6-12 English Licensure Program
- 6-12 French Licensure Program
- 6-12 German Licensure Program
- 6-12 History Licensure Program (Geography, Political Science, and Economics)
- 6-12 Latin Licensure Program
- 6-12 Math Licensure Program
- 6-12 Spanish Licensure Program
Contact Dr. Barbara Peterson for more information about earning licensure in these areas in the MAT program.
Follow the links below to see programs in the following areas.
Several of our graduate programs lead to licensure in advanced areas.