Withdrawal Policy
Go back

Withdrawal Policy 

Federal Regulations require that when you officially withdraw from the University or stop attending your classes, the amount of Federal Title IV Financial Aid assistance that you have "earned" up to the point of withdrawal must be determined by a pro rata formula. If you received more Financial Aid than you earned, excess funds will be returned by the University, on your behalf, to the appropriate program(s) from which you received aid.

If you change your enrollment status within the first 14 days of classes, your financial aid will be adjusted accordingly and you may be billed.

If you have completed more than sixty (60) percent of the period of enrollment, you have earned all of your Financial Aid assistance.

Upon receipt of the official withdrawal notification from the Office of the Registrar, the Financial Aid Office will calculate the return of Federal Title IV Financial Aid. You will receive official notification by mail. If there is an outstanding balance, you are responsible for payment to the University's Business Office.

For specific information in scenarios, please see Withdrawing from Courses.

Contact the Office of the Registrar if you are seeking to withdraw from the University.